Chapter 78

Bobby threw Jack aside and put his hand on his forehead, "Jack, what are you going to do if she is having your baby?"

    "I don't know. I'll give Marilyn some money and ask her to tell the world that she lied."

    "I can't believe that you did that to Jackie. I just can't."

    "It's not your life, Bobby. You don't know what my life is like."

    "The hell I don't. You have a perfect wife that only wants loved and cared about."

    "I do care about her."

    "You damn well don't know how to show it then. You stay here and I'll go take care of Jackie. After all, she just ran her ass all around today for your inauguration."

    Bobby stormed out of the hospital and drove back to the Whitehouse. He found Jackie crying on her bedroom floor in the same spot where she had been earlier. "Bobby?" Jackie whimpered.

    "Jackie, I'm here for you," Bobby said kneeling down and hugging Jackie, "I'm so sorry."

    "Bobby, I love that man, but he keeps breaking my heart."

    "Why?"

    "I know he cheated again. I just know it."

    "He did," Bobby whispered, "He admitted it."

    Jackie continued to cry and Bobby ran his fingers through her hair, "Bobby, I've always loved you. You know that, right?"

    "I do and I've always loved you."

    "Why the hell did we both marry cheaters?"

    Jackie's whole body was shaking as she continued sobbing.

"I don't know, darling. If I could go back in time so you wouldn't be hurt, I would; God I would. I-" he kissed Jackie on the lips, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..."

     "No, it's okay. You didn't mean-"

The phone rang interrupting Jackie. She dove to answer it, "Jack! Please-" she cried.

"It's not mine, Jackie! I'm coming home. Oh, Jackie!" he said beginning to cry, "How will you ever forgive me?"

"Jack, I need to talk to you when you get home."

He was taken back to the Whitehouse and when he arrived Jackie ran into his arms. "I love you, kid," he said kissing her, "I love you and I'm sorry."

"Therapy, Jack. The only way I can get through this is therapy."

"Wait, what?"