Chapter 66

Bobby turned and slowly left the room. Although Jackie felt bad, she didn't feel bad enough to change her mind. Bobby didn't just think of Jackie as a friend anymore. After Ethel broke his heart, all we wanted was to go back in time and marry Jackie instead. Since Jackie and Jack had only grown stronger after their marital problems, Jackie was not going to mess up their utopia.

When Jack came in later on in the day, he brought her a plate of his mother's Thanksgiving dinner, "You're a sweetheart. Bobby came in and I threw him out."

     "I know. He told Ted and Ted told me."

      "What the hell is wrong with him? I just had a baby. I'm not feeling well," Jackie said out of breath.

"Hey," Jack replied stroking her hand, "It's okay, Kid."

"No, Jack. I can't breathe." Jackie gasped for air and Jack grabbed Caroline out her arms and ran to find help.

The doctors and nurses suddenly swarmed Jackie's room and rushed her away.

    Minutes after Jackie had been rushed away from Jack, Joe and Rose Kennedy arrived at the hospital. Joe was carrying a teddy bear with a balloon tied around it's neck, "Hey, Jack," Rose said, "We came to see Jackie and your baby."

    "Mom," Jack said his voice cracking, "Something's wrong with Jackie. She couldn't breathe and they took her into intensive care. No one will tell me anything."

    "What do you mean no one will tell you anything?" Joe asked as his face turned red.

    "They won't tell me what's wrong or what they're doing or what the hell is happening!" Jack replied his voice shaking.

    "To hell with that," Joe stormed away.

    "Where are you going?"

    "I'm going to find out what's happening to Jackie," Joe said both nervously and angrily.

    Rose took Caroline into her arms while they waited for Joe to return.  Joe finally returned smiling. "Johnny-Boy," Joe said putting his arm around Jack's shoulders, "She's going to be alright. There were some complications following your baby's birth. They've taken care of her through. They want to talk to you."

    Just as Joe had spoken, Jackie's doctor was standing in the doorway, "Mr. Kennedy, let's talk briefly." Jack followed him into the hallway and listened, "She's going to be alright, but she lost a lot of blood. I'm going to recommend that if possible, you take time off to take care of her. She's going to be very weak for a little while."

    Jack nodded, "I will do whatever she needs me to do for her."

    "I'm glad to hear that, Mr. Kennedy. Mrs. Kennedy will be glad to hear that too."

    "When can I see her?"

    "You can see her now, but you'll have to go down to the ICU. We're still keeping a close eye on her."

Jack thanked the doctor and then followed him to Jackie's room where she laid helplessly, "Jack," she choked out, "Bunny." She flailed her hand to reach for Jack's.

"Kid, relax please. I'm right here," Jack replied grabbing Jackie's hand and holding it, "Hey, hey. It's okay."

Jackie breathed deeply.

"Rest. Just rest."

"Jack," Jackie moaned, "I love you so much."