3

The next day, Puck was anxious about his date all day. He hung out at home with Beth while he watched the clock. Finn and Rachel came twenty minutes before he was supposed to leave. They were always early for everything.

"Finn! Rachie!" Beth squealed as she got up from her seat at the dinner table when she saw her dad's best friends. She started running over.

"Beth." Puck stopped her and picked her up. "What did I say about dinner?"

"Eat and then leave." Beth muttered with pasta in her mouth.

"Go sit." Puck commanded as he put Beth down. "Or Finn and Rachel won't let you have dessert."

Beth's eyes widened as she ran back to her seat and continued her dinner.

Puck turned to his friends. "She's finishing spaghetti and meatballs. She can have dessert around eight, but only if she behaves."

"What time do you want her in bed?" Rachel wondered.

"Nine the latest. I usually take her up after dessert and read with her or talk to her until she falls asleep." Puck explained. "And she can't sleep without that pig doll she has."

"Got it." Rachel nodded. "Finn?"

"Hmm?" Finn snapped back to the conversation.

Rachel sighed.

Finn was lucky he had so many great qualities about him that made up for his lack of listening and paying attention.

"Alright." Puck said. "I'm gonna get going in a few. Hopefully, the slow poke at the table will be done eating by then."

"What does she have for a snack?" Finn wondered.

"Anything, really." Puck shrugged. "If you want, you can take her to that little i-c-e c-r-e-a-m place. She loves that."

Beth finished eating and brought her bowl to Puck to show him. "See, Daddy? All done."

"Good girl." Puck smiled at the sauce on Beth's chin. He grabbed a napkin and wiped it as he took her bowl. He went to the kitchen and rinsed the bowl before putting it in the dishwasher. "I'm gonna get going. I'm sure Natalie's waiting."

"Good luck!" Finn called. "Don't do anything stupid."

"Or anyone stupid." Rachel added as Puck kissed Beth's cheek before leaving.