25

Puck didn't hear from Quinn for a while. For the first week, he left her alone like Finn had said, and he and Finn texted and called each other every few days.

By the second week, the communication with Finn was less frequent. Puck would text him and would get answers later or not at all, and his calls went to Finn's voicemail.

During week three, Puck started to give up. At the same time, he was desperate to hear from Quinn since she said she wouldn't be able to fly soon, which meant if she chose New York, she couldn't change her mind.

"Why don't you put the phone down?" Natalie suggested as she rubbed Puck's shoulders. "You've been obsessed."

"I'm not obsessed." Puck clarified. "I'm just stressed about this and I wanna take care of everything."

"I know." Natalie smiled as she took Puck's phone. "But I'm sure you'll hear from Quinn or Finn soon."

"Yeah, you're right." Puck nodded as Beth entered the den. "Morning, Monkeyface."

"Morning." Beth replied sleepily.

"How'd you sleep?" Puck asked.

"Good." Beth shrugged. "Can I go swimming?"

"Why don't I make you breakfast first?" Puck suggested.

Beth nodded.

Puck got up from the couch and scooped Beth up. He kissed her cheek and brought her to the kitchen, where he seated her at the counter.

"What do you feel like, B? Waffles?"

-

"Puck."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow as Santana entered the backyard.

"Santana?"

"I know, I know. I should've called, but-"

"No, it's not that." Puck interrupted. "Usually, when you come over, you're yelling at me. You're actually kinda calm right now."

Santana nodded slowly and glanced at Natalie and Beth. "I need to talk to you in private."

"Is everything okay?" Puck wondered. "Did you hear from Quinn?"

"Quinn's fine. She's gonna call you later." Santana said. "Come inside, okay?"

"Okay." Puck repeated. "Nat, can you keep an eye on Beth?"

"Sure."

"I'll be right back."