40

"Hey." Quinn said when she ran into Puck and Jake in the hall. "I was just coming up here so I could finish an assignment. Santana, Brittany, and Natalie are downstairs."

"Need anything?" Puck asked.

"I'm good." Quinn responded as she looked at Jake. "What'd you think of the nursery?"

"I think my nephew's gonna love it." Jake noted with a smile. "It looks really good. You guys did a good job."

"Noah did a good job." Quinn agreed. "He's a keeper."

Puck smiled.

"Hey, do me a favor and keep Beth out of my room." Quinn requested. "I need, like, twenty minutes of peace and quiet while I work."

"You got it." Puck nodded.

"Thanks." Quinn said as she walked away.

Puck and Jake went back downstairs to the girls.

"Hey."

"Hey, baby." Natalie grinned as she greeted Puck with a kiss.

"Hey." Puck repeated before greeting Santana and Brittany. "I hope you brought your swimsuits 'cause we were gonna take Beth in the pool."

"Yeah."

-

Puck headed upstairs. He lightly knocked on Quinn's door as he slowly opened it.

The blonde was sitting up in the bed with one of her hands protectively on her belly while she hunched over her laptop.

"Q." Puck said softly. "You've been doing homework for hours. You should take a break."

"I'm almost done." Quinn muttered.

"You shouldn't push yourself so hard." Puck told her.

"I'm gonna be working until my due date, Noah." Quinn warned Puck. "'Cause I'll be damned if this baby derails my graduation."

"Take a break." Puck requested. "Please."

"Fine." Quinn gave in, closing the laptop.

"Summer's ending. Come spend time with our daughter and our friends." Puck added. "Everyone's going swimming."

"Okay." Quinn said, putting her arms out. "Help me up."

Puck smirked as he grabbed Quinn's hands and carefully helped her out of bed. "There you go."

"Thanks." Quinn muttered as she pulled away from Puck.

"How do you feel?" Puck asked.

"I feel huge." Quinn answered. "I look huge."

"You look beautiful." Puck told Quinn. "And you're almost there, Q."

"I hate it." Quinn complained.

"Can I ask you something?" Puck requested.

"Anything." Quinn nodded as she dug through her dresser.

"Have you been avoiding me?" Puck blurted.

"Kinda hard to avoid someone when you live with them." Quinn noted.

"Well, have you?" Puck asked.

"Why would I be avoiding you?" Quinn wondered.

"I don't know." Puck answered. "'Cause of Nat?"

Quinn paused and clutched the pool coverup in her hand. She folded it and placed it back into the drawer as she pretended to look for something else to wear.

"Q?" Puck said softly.

Quinn looked at the coverup again as she held it. She wouldn't look up from the coverup as she took a deep breath. "I've been avoiding you because I'm in love with you."