42

"Hey." Quinn answered the phone

"Hey." Puck replied. "Are you busy?"

"Just working on homework." Quinn responded. "But why? What's up?"

"Can I ask you for a favor?" Puck asked.

"Sure." Quinn said.

"Can you pick Beth up from school today?" Puck requested. "I have a meeting and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be late. And I don't want her waiting."

"Yeah, sure." Quinn replied.

"Thank you." Puck sighed. "I'll let her school know Mommy's coming today. She gets out at-"

"Three." Quinn interrupted. "I know, Noah."

"Right." Puck muttered. "Well, they shouldn't give you a hard time, but if they do, call me, okay?"

"I can handle this." Quinn promised. "Good luck at your meeting."

"Thanks again, Q."

-

"Are you Beth's sister? You look just like her."

"I'm her mother, Quinn." Quinn answered.

"Wow, you look so young."

"I'm the same age as Noah." Quinn stated.

"I didn't realize he was married."

"He's not. We're not..." Quinn trailed off.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Quinn. I'm Bianca's mom, Lorraine."

"Nice to meet you, too."  Quinn muttered as the doors opened and the classes began pouring out. She could feel Lorraine's eyes on her, but she kept her eyes on the door, looking for Beth.

"Mommy!" Beth exclaimed as she ran to Quinn.

"Hi, B." Quinn smiled with relief as she took Beth's backpack and held her hand. "Are you ready to go?"

"Come meet my teacher!" Beth requested, dragging Quinn to the door. "Miss G., this is my Mommy."

"Hi." Quinn smiled. "I'm Quinn."

"Nice to meet you." The teacher smiled back. "Beth told us she's going to be a big sister, so congratulations."

"Thank you." Quinn said, looking at Beth. "I should get her home. It was nice meeting you."

"Bye, Beth."

"Bye!"