43

"Hey, Q. Hey, Monkeyface. Perfect timing." Puck stated when they walked in. "I just got home. I'm gonna shower and then I'll start dinner."

"Beth, why don't you start your homework? I'll help you with it." Quinn said.

"I'll be right back. I need my pencil." Beth nodded before running up to her room.

"Thanks for picking her up." Puck smiled at Quinn. "They didn't give you a hard time, did they?"

Quinn shook her head. "They didn't."

"Someone did?" Puck guessed. "What happened?"

"Some woman made a comment about me being young when I corrected her that I'm not Beth's sister." Quinn informed Puck. "Then I had to correct her that you and I aren't married or together."

Quinn sat down on the couch and grabbed a pillow. She folded her arms over it, clutching the pillow tightly against her chest.

Puck sat down next to her and took her hands. He squeezed them. "You don't need to be embarrassed, Q. It happens."

"Twice?" Quinn demanded.

"I'm not talking about the pregnancy part." Puck clarified. "People are always gonna ask if we're young parents and we are, but it's nothing to be ashamed of."

"That's easy for you to say. You're the perfect parent." Quinn stated. "And I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Well, that's why you have me." Puck shrugged. "And I'm not a perfect parent. It just takes time and practice, but you'll get it."

"I don't know how you deal with it all. Stares and whispers like that from adults. It feels so high school." Quinn said.

"I'm used to it." Puck responded. "And besides, when you're this good-looking, stares aren't unusual."

Quinn giggled and looked at Puck. She studied his face as if she was memorizing his features.

"See? Now you're staring." Puck noted with a chuckle. "I can't help looking like this."

"I hope he looks like you." Quinn blurted, putting her hands on her belly.

"Well, one of us is gonna be disappointed because I hope he looks like you." Puck smiled as Beth returned.

"I'm ready now, Mommy."

"I'll leave you girls to it."