Thirty-Four||

Over the past few weeks, Mom decided that I was going to get my legs checked out. She couldn't handle pushing me around, especially because I start school soon, and possibly have to go to summer school if needed.

So, I got X-Rays, CAT Scans, MRI's, all that jazz, to finally find the problem. They said I needed surgery.

Mom scheduled the surgery date, and I was scared as crap. I told my friends about it, and I texted my youth leader. They were all going to pray for me.

The day soon arrived. I had to be in the hospital a day early, and since it was in Minnesota, we had to leave earlier than that.

It was just going to be me and mom this time. Amber, Alex, and Hunter all had school and couldn't get their parents to drive them over.

Once mom and I were off that morning, mom turned on the radio.

"Hey mom, do you mind if I put on some Shawn Mendes?"

"Sure you can." She connected the aux cable to the radio and gave it to me to put into my phone.

I turned on Handwritten and remembered my time at Disney with him. I was so lucky. I had direct messaged Shawn on Instagram just to see if he'd respond and he didn't look at it. I decided to forget about it.

We got to the hospital, and went to the Cancer center.

We walked up to the counter and mom checked me in.

We were directed to our room, and a nurse helped us out.

"You scared?" Mom asked.

I shrugged. Mom gave a sympathetic smile and grabbed my hand, rubbing her thumb on the back of my hand.

The doctor came in and told us what was going to happen tomorrow, what medications I would be having, and so on and so forth.

A long time later they left us alone for the night to get ready. I was on my phone when a text appeared on my screen.

Can we FaceTime? Hunter asked

I smiled and typed back. Let me ask real quick.

"Hey mom, can I FaceTime Hunter?" I asked her, she was currently sitting on the couch in the room.

"Sure, sweetie." Mom said, looking down at her phone and typing something. I guessed it was Mrs. Myer. Mrs. Myer was taking care of moms cat while we were gone.

I texted Hunter back. Mom said yes, so call when you're ready.

I put in some earphones and waited for a call.

Hunter👫 wants to FaceTime. . . appeared on my screen. I hit the green button to accept the call.

It took a couple seconds to connect, but then his face appeared with my cat on my screen.

"Hi cripple." He greeted. Celia (the cat, in which I didn't clarify her name), looked around.

"Hey! That's not very nice." I pouted.

"Whatever. Celia is a gem, by the way."

"I'll tell mom." I unplugged an earphone. "Hey mom, Hunter says Celia is doing great."

She looked up and smiled. She looked back down and continued what she was doing.

I put the earbud back in. "Mom just smiled."

"Yeah, so how's my favorite person in the world? It's lonely being at your house without you in it."

I rolled my eyes. "You'll get used to it. Plus, I won't be gone for long."