Chapter 5

Author's Note

Hi there...

I just want to say thank you to anybody who's reading this . The fact that other people besides myself found my story interesting means a lot to me, so I just want to tell you guys a bit about myself. 

I'm still just a kid but I've been writing ever since I can remember and have always loved it. This is my first real story with an actual plot and chapters. I also love music, especially bands, ranging anywhere from One Direction to The Beatles to Twenty One Pilots. This book is sort of my late summer break turned fall/winter project. I really hope it turns out the way I had planned and that you guys will be as happy with it as I am so far.

So if you want, hit that follow button and don't be afraid to comment anything you think I should change or add. :)

Harry's POV

(Prologue)

The final bell for the end of the school year rings and everybody rushes out the doors, pushing and shoving their way through. I, however, take my time leaving the school. We all said good bye to the seniors yesterday, since their graduation ceremony was last night. I know a few from participating on sports teams over the years, but I'm not super close with anybody outside my small circle of friends. I reach the end of the grass and turn around one last time before heading home for the summer. When I come back in the fall, I'll be a junior and then after that a senior and then after that.. who knows? All I know for now is that I have two years left at this school and I want to do everything in my power to make them count.

(Chapter 1)

It's the first day of school and I arrive early, since I've planned to meet up with some of my friends before classes start. I decided to wear my signature black skinny jeans and a plain white shirt, along with some all black high tops. I enter the school grounds from the back field and immediately see Jack hanging out with our other friends. We make small talk until Will pulls out his phone to check the time. It's 8:20 and school starts in 10 minutes, so we all begin the walk to our classes. We walk past the office and turn to go down the main hallway when I see this girl in front of us. She's searching for something in her bag but isn't watching where she's going so she ends up walking right into the trophy case. We all burst out laughing and walk a bit closer so we can see her better. She seems to be the same age as us, with long dark brown hair. She's wearing some skinny jeans and converse, and her shirt is grey with a red flannel over top. 

She looks pretty shaken to have just walked into something and obviously doesn't hear us right away. It's not until Will lets out a snort that she turns around. Her eyes seem to dart directly to me and look me up and down. After a few moments of staring, her head drops to look at her shoes. Jack nudges me to say something, and so I do. "That was pretty smooth, but maybe next time you should go around the cabinet." The other guys seem pretty pleased with my remark and they start snickering again. The girl's face gets even more red, and for a heartbeat I feel bad, but then brush it off.

Our minute of teasing is over, so we carry on towards our first class of the day. We all part ways, but agree to meet again at lunch for a game of football in the field.

 (Chapter 2)

I meet up again with the guys at lunch in the field, and spend the majority of the hour playing football. Jack and I usually end up on the same team and we're both pretty athletic, so most of the time we win. While some other guy's scoring a touch down for the opposing team, I hear the lunch bell ring and stoop to pick my bag up off the grass. I'm walking past the bleachers to enter the school again when I hear a voice call out my name. I turn to see a head with blonde hair. It's Stacy, wearing jean cut off shorts and a spaghetti strap tank top. She's the head cheerleader and the bitch of the school. She's been trying to get my attention since we started 9th grade, but so far no luck. I'm not into the slutty type of girls who show off as much skin as they possibly can, I prefer the more quiet and reserved ones. 'Kind of like the girl from this morning', I think subtly to myself.