Chapter 82

Maddie's POV

I stand in front of the full length mirror in Ashton's room, scanning my outfit up and down.

"Does this look okay?" I turn around to ask Piper's opinion, who's currently tucked into Ashton's bed and looking like she's ready to sleep.

Our other best friend and Harry took Carter into the backyard to give him a throwing lesson while 'the girls do girly things', as Ashton put it.

I'm going on a date with Alex tonight, and I'm literally dying on the inside. He asked me out over text, and I want to make sure I look perfect. The outfit I spent hours putting together consists of a plain white v-neck and light blue skinny jeans (no rips though, ew) with a black bomber jacket and under armour brand slides.

My make up is very light, and I'm glad I didn't over due it. I want to look as natural as possible, with just a little help in my problem areas.

"Yeah, except you're going to trip and fall in your shoes." Piper mumbles, pulling a fleece blanket closer to her chin.

"I am not." I rest my hands on my hips indignantly, scowling at the brunette. "These are fashionable, Pipe. Not everyone wants to wear converse from the 50's all the time." I tease lightly, making her smile.

She pulls an arm out from the warmth of the blankets she has piled overtop of herself, and holds up her middle finger. I pretend to be shocked at her gesture, gasping dramatically and holding a hand to my chest.

She giggles, tucking her arm back under to be with the rest of her body. I turn back to the mirror one last time, nodding in satisfaction.

My shirt is cut just low enough that it shows some skin, but not anything under that. My jeans are tight, but not so form fitting that it's difficult to move my hips. My clothes give just enough 'hey there' without desperately saying 'pull down my panties'.

"I'll wait up for you on the couch." Piper tells me as I tuck my phone into my jacket pocket.

I've planned to sleep over tonight when I get back from the date, mainly because I want to tell Piper everything that happens, and Ashton if he'll listen.

"Are you sure?" I ask. She seems tired, I don't want her to stay up just for me.

"Yeah, I'm probably going to take a nap now so I'll be up anyway. I think Ash's mom bought him new sheets." She says pulling back the comforter.

"Look at the quality of this flannel." She gestures for me to come over, pulling at the corner of the sheet.

"Damn. Mrs Wilkes went all out." I widen my eyes as Piper nods.

"Anyway.", she breaks the silence after a few moments. "It's not like Alex will be bringing you home after midnight. And if he does, he's going to get his ass beat. You can tell him I said that." She says authoritatively, nestling back into the bed.

"By you or Ashton?" I tease and she snorts.

"Both."

—————————————————————————————

I climb into Alex's car, an old grey Toyota Corolla.

"Hi." I greet as I slide into the front passenger seat, closing the door behind me.

"Hey." He smiles back, and I notice that he has crinkles in his cheeks that form. Not quite dimples, but close.

"What's on the agenda for the night?" I ask as he shifts the gear into reverse and begins to back out of Ashton's driveway.