Chapter 7

Hey! So it turns out that while I was at school, over 40 of you guys read my story and 4 of you added it to your reading list! I'm so so so glad you all like it, it really means a lot to me. I also want to mention that an updating schedule might take a few weeks to figure out. I just started high school and the work load is much more than expected so that has overwhelmed me and taken up all my writing time. I'll try to update at least once a week, but just try to bare with me for a while. This whole writing for an audience thing is still new to me!

So as always, if you want to read more of the story, hit that follow button and don't be afraid to comment anything you think I should change or add :)

Update: Over 400 reads! Thank you all so so so much! I checked my phone at lunch today and it had completely blown up with Wattpad notifications; follows, votes and comments. 

Anyway, a new chapter will be coming soon. I hope you guys will enjoy it! :)

It's the Friday after Harry introduced me to Amber and Jack (Well, mostly Amber because I kinda already knew Jack, but, you get the point) and the 'Rock Me' singing incident took place. I'm still embarrassed about it, I can feel my cheeks flush every time the memory pops into my head.

Right now, I'm sitting at the breakfast bar with Carter. My mom is flat in bed with a migraine, so it's cereal again this morning. Carter and I have both picked out Cheerios, which is rare. We don't usually choose same thing. It's pretty quiet since my dad is still upstairs getting ready for work, but at least he can drive us this morning. Carter, however, is bouncing with excitement. He hums happily to himself while he consumes his breakfast. I look over at him a few times, but his eyes seem glued to his bowl.

"Hey Carter, why are you so happy this morning?" I ask, because to me, there is nothing happy about going to school.

"Hmm? Oh, I'm just happy about going to school." he says, contradicting my thoughts.

"Why? Oh my god, is it because of Jennifer?" I cover my mouth with my hand as the realization strikes me.

"Maybe.", he mumbles into his spoon.

"Aww, Carter!" I exclaim, going over to give my little brother a hug.

"Your first crush! This is so cute." I add quietly to myself.

"You know, I say, a mischievous glint in my eye, "You are 12 now, so I guess it's about time you ask her on a date. But maybe pick a wedding ring out first, just incase you decide you really like her. Then you can ask for her hand in marriage right then and there."

He looks at me with the colour draining from his face. "I, but, I, I'm only 12!" He whisper yells at me, shock clearly written all over his face. I burst into a fit of giggles.

"I know, Cart. I'm only joking. You don't have to propose until you're 13."

"Ugh, Piperrrr." He complains, drawing out the last r in my name.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop. But you could ask her to come watch your karate match in a couple weeks." I point out.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks Pipe, you're the best." He says, coming over to give me a hug.

"I know." I answer back smugly, our arms entangled in a hug only siblings as close as us could share.

A few hours later, I'm in the cafeteria at school scrolling through the albums on my phone. I'm having trouble deciding between Blurryface or American Idiot. Blurryface obviously has Stressed Out, Fairy Local and Tear In My Heart but American Idiot has Jesus of Suburbia, Boulevard of Broken Dreams and not to mention Whatshername. I'm about to give up and play Sounds Good Feels Good instead, when I feel a sudden pressure above my shoulder blade. I make a noise somewhere between a grunt and a scream, so it comes out more as a squeal. I whip my head around and yank the headphones out of my ears, to glare at Harry, who has bent over sideways in laughter. I look behind him to find Jack and Amber grinning at me, in their usual position, which is Jack's arm around her shoulders and her head on his bicep.