Chapter 25

Author's Note: 

I know I haven't updated in almost a month I'm sorry I'm a shitty person I know I know I know. But I hope you all had a great holiday season and are enjoying 2017 so far :))

Ps. this is over 8,300 words so forgive me if there's mistakes

(Harry's POV)

(Chapter 21)

Me: Hey Pipe

Me: So I'm bored

Me: And I wanted to talk to you

Me: Idk what about

Me: Actually Jack and Amber are busy with whatever pathetically cute couple things they do

Me: KIDDING

Me: Yes I thought of you first

Me: Why aren't you responding to me

I pause for a second and frown at the illuminating cell phone screen held in between my fingers. Piper always responds to me, this is really unusual for her. Maybe she's mad at me...no I haven't done anything. Except try to kiss her and tell her she looked beautiful and then not talk about it like it never happened. But that was a while ago, surely she wouldn't be mad now? Or maybe she's in trouble, like a car accident. Or maybe someone stole her phone...

Me: Pipe

Me: Pipe

Me: Pipe

Me: Is something wrong

Me: You usually respond to me after like a minute of spamming

Me: It's been 10 minutes

Me: I'm getting worried are you okay

Me: You're reading my texts but not responding

Me: Pipe

Me: Please talk to me

Nothing. As if on their own, my fingers move to the call icon in the right hand corner of the screen. My thumb presses down and leaves a smudge when it moves back up. The phone screen turns black and displays Piper's contact name across it. I hold it up to my ear and hold my breathe, praying she answers.

One.

It feels like time has completely frozen.

Two.

My lungs begin to burn for air.

Three.

Piper answers on the third ring.

"Hey." She breathes.

"Pipe, what's wrong? I was texting you for like 20 minutes and you were reading my texts but not answering and at first I thought you were in trouble or mad at me or someth-..." I word vomit, anxious to find out whats wrong but also scared of what she might say.

"It's Carter." She interrupts me.

The line goes silent and my mouth becomes incapable of forming syllables.

"What's wrong?" I ask, worry cascading into my tone.

"He went swimming in his friends pool and my mom found him and she said he was freezing to touch and-..." Her voice cracks and she takes a moment to organize herself. "And he's in the emergency room."