Chapter 20

Author's Note:

Okay you know what really bugs me

When people walk around saying "I want to kill myself" as a joke and then everyone laughs or says "same". No. Everybody thinks suicide is so funny but its not in so many ways. Like it hits so close to home for so many people and even just saying it as you're walking down the hallway can become a trigger for someone. Some girl said it today and I was just like 'no stfu'

And also you know in Too Late by 5SOS when Calum sings the backup part "Im waiting for you babe" GUYS IM EMO I SWEAR 

(Harry's POV)

(Chapter 16)

Alright, so how do we want to do this?" My deep voice reverberates around the front entrance of the mall.

"Well, how about we split into groups of 2?" Jack suggests.

"Guys vs. girls." Amber grins, grabbing onto Piper's arm.

I shrug. "Sure. Whoever gets back here first, wins."

"Challenge accepted." Piper smirks at me.

"I tried to get her tickets to a concert in Philadelphia, but the tour ended in October. So now I have no idea what to do." I sigh, looking down at my feet.

"Damn. That's bad luck man." Jack sympathizes.

"Ugh I know." I groan.

We pass a kiosk selling music stuff. I steer my feet in it's direction and Jack follows. We end up in the poster section, flipping through the ones hung on the railing.

"Hey, look at this." Jack points, laughing.

My eyes focus on a huge poster with 4 boys in the centre. The top reads '5 Seconds of Summer'.

"I'm gonna get it for Piper. She'll love it." He says, grinning.

He pulls one out from the correct holder and goes to pay for it. I stay back, examining the features of the 4 boys. 1 has blonde hair, 1 has brown hair with lighter streaks (I think), 1 has brown hair with tons of tight curls (like more than I do) and one has dark brown hair. He looks almost... Asian. That must be the one Piper was talking about. What was his name again...Column or something?

At the bottom of the poster, it has all the usual copyright mentions. Copyright 2016, Capitol Records, Ashton Irwin, Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings and Calum Hood. Ahh, Calum. That's his name.

Just then, Jack comes running back to me.

"Okay, so I got the poster." He holds it up, grinning like an idiot.

"Hey Har, why don't we go in here?"

"Really Jack? I don't think I'm going to find a gift for Piper in a jewellery store. You know what she's like, she's definitely not the girly type." I shudder, thinking of somebody I know who is. Stacy Matthews. Bitch of the school. Been hitting on me since start of freshman year.

"Yeah I know she's not, but let's just try it. Okay?" He nods at me, willingly.

"Okay."

I allow him to lead me into the store.

We look through rings and bracelets, but I can't find anything that reminds me of Piper. I'm about to give up and leave when something catches my eye. A necklace sits out on the counter, still in it's stand. It has a silver chain and a single music note in the middle. It's simple yet beautiful, just like Piper.