Chapter 100

Harry's POV

(Chapter 96)

I walk down the hallway as the intercom blares overhead. Shouldering my way through the crowds of seniors, I fight to keep Jack and Amber by my side.

They're calling for a home team meeting with all juniors in the library immediately after first period so I haven't seen Piper yet today. I know she's here though, just on her way from somewhere in the school.

I walk into the library with my friends beside me, and I lead them straight to the back of the room. I ignore Stacy's dirty look and how the gazes of all the populars trail after me as I walk.

I feel a tug on my backpack and turn around to look with a spark of hope that it might be Piper. It's not, because this girl has blonde hair instead of brown. I raise my eyebrows at Amber, because we're now all stopped and losing a chance at a spot to sit.

"I don't want to lose you." She says, gripping onto the top handle of my bag even tighter.

"Control her." I tell Jack, turning to look at him from the corner of my eye.

"Trying to." He drags out, sighing deeply.

With Amber clutching me like a small child holds onto it's mother, the 3 of us find an empty table and take a seat. I keep my eyes trained on the main doors for when Piper appears. Even while in a chair I'm taller than most people in my grade, so I don't have to strain to see at all.

I spot her opening one of the heavy double doors and strolling in. She stands by the reception desk for a few moments, looking around wildly. She scans the faces of every student in the junior graduating class, looking for the 3 she knows best.

It's almost as if her feet are frozen to the spot, and I realize that she doesn't see us. I sit forward in my seat and wave my hand at her, hoping it catches her eyes.

"Jesus, what are you doing?" Amber asks abruptly, sitting sideways in her chair to look at me.

"Waving for Piper to come over?" I respond, my answer coming out more as a question than an statement.

"Oh. You scared me." She confesses, shrugging her shoulders and starting some discussion with Jack.

As Piper walks over, the discussion turns to more of an argument. I roll my eyes at how much they fight but still love each other, it's like they've been married for years already.

My girlfriend pulls out the chair from the table beside me and plops herself down, keeping her backpack straight on her shoulders. The love birds are so engrossed in their conversation that they don't even notice her appearance, which isn't really a surprise.

"Are you okay?" I lightly touch the tips of my fingers to Piper's hand, making her look over at me.

She seems off, the vibes radiating from her aren't the normal ones. I don't know what it is, but it's something.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She pulls a small smile, twisting her hand to rest palm against palm atop her shin bone.

"Attention, please!" A loud clap startles both of us, and Piper snaps her head in the direction it came from.

The principal stands by a shelf of books, a clipboard pressed to his ironed suit. He stares us down like each of us is scum under his shoe, even though pulling us out of class for this meeting was presumably his idea.

"As you all know, each grade has year end activities to celebrate another successful year of academics. These differ depending on the graduating class, which is discussed amongst teachers."