Chapter 59

Carter's POV

(Chapter 44)

I sit in my bed, my propped knees covered by a blanket and an open Geronimo Stilton book in my hands. I quickly finished the box set I received for Christmas, but my mom noticed how much I enjoyed them, so she placed an Amazon order for more in the series.

I'm so immersed in the storyline, I don't hear the knocks on my door. It opens to reveal Piper leaning against the doorframe, her eyes peering curiously at me.

"Hey Cart."

"Oh, hi Pipe." I look up for a quick second and smile, and then back down to my book. I'm still mad at her for how she's been acting lately. It irks me that she's been dating Harry for over a month and still hasn't noticed my change in behaviour.

I guess Piper didn't get the reaction she was looking for, because she sits down on the edge of my bed and peers over my shoulder.

"Watch ya reading?" She asks.

"Geronimo Stilton." I answer, my head still buried in my book.

She sits beside me quietly for a few minutes, playing with her hands in her lap.

"So, do you have any plans for tonight?" I see her glance at me.

"Nope." When do I ever have plans?

"Well, I was thinking we could have a movie night. You know, how we used to back home with Maddie and Ashton."

"Really?" My head snaps up, interest in my book suddenly lost. Maybe she did notice, and this is her way of making up for it. We used to do movie nights all the time in California, but we stopped once we moved.

"Yes." She laughs, "Come on, let's go downstairs."

She pulls me out of bed with both her hands, my feet touching the ground first. I race down the stairs ahead of her, anxious to get the living room ready.

I slide into the living room, and stare in awe at what Piper's prepared. She pulled out every pillow and blanket we own, and turned on the TV to play unlimited movies. She cooked a pizza and popped popcorn, nicely spread out on the coffee table.

She walks into the living room, and I turn to her with a knowing smirk on my face.

"You already set everything up." I place my hands on my hips.

"I knew you'd say yes, so I thought we might as well save ourselves some time and get things ready." She shrugs.

That's something I've always admired about my sister. She can think of the most spontaneous things, and always knows when to use them. She knows that I'll say yes to doing anything with her, so she always makes sure that things are ready in advance.

We curl up on the couch together with a fleece blanket each and many, many pillows. I know Mom and Dad are both working late again tonight, so they won't be home to interrupt our movies.

I don't know where Harry is tonight, or why Piper isn't with him, but I'm not complaining. It's nice to have my sister to myself again for once, and maybe, just maybe, tonight will remind her of what used to be.

(Chapter 48)

I put my history homework back into my backpack for class tomorrow. We're currently working on mapping the US, and memorizing the 50 states and their capital cities. I don't find it too hard, it's quite interesting actually.

I decide to go get a snack, and then play some video games for a bit. I've been reading so much lately, that my Xbox has been abandoned a bit.

I walk cheerfully down the stairs, humming quietly to myself. Today has been a good day so far, school went by quickly, and I'm still happy from Piper and I's movie night a few days ago. I'm optimistic that things will go back to normal now that she's had a reminder of everything we used to do together.