Chapter 60

Harry's POV

(Chapter 56)

"Okay, have a nice day everyone." Ms Richardson shuffles the pile of papers on her desk as the class files out of the room for class change.

I stand up quickly, not even bothering to stop on my backpack. I shoulder my way through the doorway, using my height as leverage against the shorter students.

I just want to get out of this class room and away from Piper. If things weren't awkward between us before, they sure as hell are now. Ever since the night I went to her house, the tension between us has been thicker than ever. In fact, you could literally cut it with a knife. I'm sure of it.

I'm so wrapped up in my own thoughts, I don't even hear Ms Richardson call Piper over to her desk.

(Chapter 57)

I sit down in math class with a few minutes to spare before the bell rings. I pull out my book and decide to do a quick review before class begins. Some other kids walk into the room and take their seats, making small talk with each other. I hear some of them snicker and look my way, and I can only imagine what they're saying. I roll my eyes, and sink deeper into my chair. Now I know why Piper has headphones in all the time

Speaking of Piper, I haven't seen her at all this morning. I'm usually able to sneak past her at her locker without getting caught. It's been my morning routine since she skipped that week after we broke up. It's just my own special way of making sure she's okay, even though she won't speak to me.

As the hands on the clock move slowly around, and Piper doesn't make an appearance in class, my worry increases.

This isn't good...

(Chapter 58)

"I don't know where she is." I tug on the ends of my hair stressfully, and Amber rests a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, Harry. She's probably just sick."

"You think so?" Jack and Amber both nod.

"God, she makes me so mad sometimes. Yeah, I screwed up. Yeah, I made out with Stacy. Yeah, I cheated on her. But I explained that it was just a huge mistake. I was drunk, and I wasn't thinking straight, and it was just a stupid, meaningless kiss that never should have happened. I don't like Stacy, I like Piper. God, I love her. I love her so much."

Jack wraps an arm around my shoulders, his eyes soft and gentle. I rest my elbows on my knees, and sniffle.

okay so i know this is very very short and isnt even really a chapter but this is really important so just stick with me here guys...the next few chapters are some of the best so far :)

when is school over for all of you? my last day is the 16th (thank god)