Chapter 106

Today is the last day of junior year, and I walk through the main doors, down the cobblestone steps, and breathe a sigh of absolute relief, finally feeling free.

The sun is shining, and I close my eyes momentarily in bliss as it's warm rays beat down on me. It's appearance is refreshing and more than welcomed after the bitterly cold winter Pennsylvania and all of it's inhabitants just suffered through.

Amber stands beside my shoulder, Jack and Harry in front of us.

The 4 of us walk together down the sidewalk from the school building, heading towards the houses. The others engage in mindless conversation, and I let my thoughts wander, upwards into the light, fluffy clouds.

Harry and I have been pretty much inseparable since prom night. We haven't gone quite as far again, although there were a few times when it could have happened. After the first time, I think it was almost as if we had opened up this whole new section of our relationship, and it was just so new and exciting we wanted to do it over and over again.

Emotionally, I feel connected to him on an entirely deeper level. It's as if he's seen me naked, which, speaking in a literal sense, he hasn't. But figuratively, he has. Many times.

My relationship with Carter has remained just as strong as ever, I've made sure of that. I didn't tell him what we did on prom night or how we've continued things along those lines since then, but I don't think it's the most appropriate thing to tell my 12 year old brother. However, Carter has come first. Each and every time.

The physical side of Harry and I dating has gotten a lot more intense, we go further quicker now, even though no clothes are coming off. It's kind of weird, but I feel completely comfortable with it. It's something I never thought I would be, but then I never thought I'd really be in this type of relationship either, and certainly not with a guy like Harry.

PDA has never been my thing, I usually cringe at couples in the school hallway or in stores. It took me a while to even visibly hold Harry's hand in public, I remember hiding it under the cafeteria table for so long, or even just barely touching pinkies so no one would see.

"I'm so damn happy exams are over." Amber's voice breaks me from my daydream, and I look down at her when her arm comes to rest on my shoulder.

I arch my eyebrows, glancing at the boys from the corner of my eye. Harry has his bottom lip caught in between his teeth, a thoughtful expression on his face as he awaits Amber's response along with the rest of us. Jack's thumbs fly over his phone, assumably sending a half thought out text to his mom.

"You looked high and I knew this would piss you off so I did it." Amber explains, looking quite pleased at herself as she brings her arm back to her side.

"Calm it, Satan." I retort, rolling my eyes playfully.

"Everything's going to change so much next year." Jack changes the subject, a hint of nostalgia in his voice.

"Gonna be an adult-" Harry starts.

"-and can finally tell the teachers to stick it where the sun doesn't shine!" I finish for him, holding a wide smile on my face.

"Boom!" He shouts, reaching for a high five over his shoulder, with smile of secret knowledge on his lips.

"Boom!" I repeat, colliding my palm against his.

Harry turns back around and I take a look at Amber. Her face has morphed into one of mock disgust, as she slowly shakes her head.

"Don't you just love us?" I ask sarcastically, wiggling my eyebrows.