Chapter 43

I stand in front of my locker, reaching far to grab my math textbook off the top shelf. I shove it into my backpack, before swinging the already heavy bag back onto my shoulders. I adjust the right strap so it doesn't dig into my arm, and lock my locker. With a deep sigh, I prepare to walk to class in an attempt to beat the bell, but a voice stops me, frozen.

"Pipe, turn around. I have something for you."

As Harry's the only person at school who calls me 'Pipe', I immediately know it's him. What I am confused about, however, is what he has. I can't remember him borrowing anything of mine, maybe a pencil, but I don't think he'd hunt me down in the hallways to return it. He'd just give it to me in math...3 minutes from now. What's going on?

I turn around, slowly. Harry is standing in front of me, his hands folded behind his back. He smiles cheekily, and before I know it, he's kneeling down on one knee.

"Harry, what the hell you are doing?" I gasp.

I notice Harry's gesture is capturing the attention of other students in the hallway, and a few of them grab their friends to come watch. Girls hook their arms in the crooks of their boyfriends' elbows, and glance up at them with emotional eyes, as if to say, 'How come you didn't do something like this for me?'

Harry brings his arms out from behind him, holding a red glitter-covered card in one hand. He unfolds the large red heart, and the first thing I see is a drawing of a bumblebee. Squinting, I see letters on either side, spelling out the words 'Will you (bumblebee) my Valentine?'.

"Pipe, you will be my Valentine?" Harry asks me, a dimpled smile overtaking his features.

I stand still for a moment, as if time is frozen. Here's a boy in front of me, down on one knee as if he's proposing marriage, with a hand made Valentine's Day card. He also happens to be my boyfriend, who chose me out of over a hundred girls vying for his attention. He's changed me as a person and made me really happy in these past few months of knowing him. I feel like the luckiest person alive in this very moment.

"Yes, of course." I laugh and he shoots up onto both feet like a bullet. He embraces me tightly and I hear the entire hallway clap obnoxiously. I bury my head in his chest, ridiculously embarrassed. A few girls mutter things along the lines of "She's not even that pretty." or "I hear she's really easy." but I brush them off. I don't care about anything they say right now. Right now, I am happy and that's all that matters.

Oppositely, I hear comments like "Aww, that's so cute!" and "Harry got a good one. He better not let her go." I smile at those, glad that some people can see the mutual feelings between Harry and I.

I look up momentarily, to watch the remaining students scurry off to their classes. Once the hallway is cleared, I take a step back from Harry and playfully slap his shoulder.

"Hey, what you do that for?" He whines, pretending to cradle his injured shoulder with the opposite hand.

"Why'd you have to do in front of everyone?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"I was trying to be sweet." He protests, now rubbing his shoulder.

"But you knew I would say yes!" I laugh, carefully sliding my homemade valentine into my backpack, protected by two textbooks on either side.

"Yeah, but this way, you had to say yes. You're mean, but not that mean." He teases, wrapping an arm casually around my shoulders as we walk down the hallway towards math.

"Gee, thanks." I reply sarcastically, a small grin etched onto my face.

"Oh no problem."

We get to the correct classroom, but Harry pulls my arm back gently before I can open the door. I open my mouth, about to lecture him that we're already late enough as it is, but his worried look stops me.

"What's wrong?"

"You're not actually mad at me, right? I just wanted to do something nice and I thought you might like that even though you're not the type of girl to need something big and fancy to-..."

"Harry." I cut him off, laughing, "It's okay. Thank you for taking the time to think of something for me and for making the card, I love it." I smile, and kiss him. He leans toward into the kiss, and I have to pull away before it becomes too prolonged. Thank god this door doesn't have a window, I think, counting my blessings.

Harry pouts childishly and I snort, grabbing his hand as I reach out to turn the door knob.

"Come on Styles, you've got linear relations to solve."

I think im getting the flu i have no appetite and I feel nauseous idk why but this isnt good

Short chapter but kinda cute :))