Chapter 53

It's my first day back.

My first day back since I confronted Harry and stormed out of the cafeteria.

Since my "flu" didn't get progressively worse, or really change at all for that matter, my mom made me come back today. Personally, I think homeschooling would have been the better option, but whatever. 

So far I've made it through first period and class change without seeing Harry or Amber, which is good. I told Jack I'd be back today, and I have class with him later, so there's something to look forward to.

I sink into my desk in math with a deep sigh of relief. I know I'm going to have to see Harry now, but I'm hoping if I just face forward the entire class, he'll ignore me.

I see a blonde model walking to her desk out of the corner of my eye and- oh wait, it's just Stacy.

She sees me looking at her and smirks evilly, as if to say "I won." I scoff and turn my attention back down to my open textbook on my desk.

I'm flipping through the pages to see how much I missed in the past week, when I feel my desk shift. My blood runs cold and a chill goes down my spine, because I know exactly who it is.

Since all the desks are connected by their feet and legs, one small movement from a single person sends the entire row of desks shaking.

I hear a thud behind me when Harry finally finds a way to fit his ridiculously long legs under the desk, signifying that he's sat down.

I feel my breathing race, and I try my best to control it. I focus on the words in my textbook, trying to escape Harry's gaze.

—————————————————————————————

The bell for third period rings, and I slowly gather my things. I unzip my backpack and gently slide in my textbook, deciding to now pull out the books I need for my next class. I'm waiting for Harry to leave first, so I don't have to walk past him, or say "excuse me", or awkwardly collide with him in the doorway.

I hear him finally stand up and walk out of the room. I exhale loudly before standing up myself and slinging my backpack over my shoulders. I hurry out of the classroom with my binder tucked under my arm, now late for third period.

—————————————————————————————

I walk down the hallway towards my locker after third period. I see a boy and a girl talking against some lockers, which isn't unusual, except for the fact that the boy is Harry.

His arm is above his head, his forearm resting on a locker. I don't know the name of the girl he's talking to, but it seems as if he knows her pretty well. A huge grin has spread itself across his face, and the girl is leaning on her hip, somewhat flirtatiously. Although, Harry doesn't seem to be at all bothered by her position. In fact, he seems to be enjoying it.

I freeze, my legs going numb. I can't tear my eyes away from the sight in front of me. It's only been a week. How could he move on so quickly?

Harry turns his head, the smile vanishing from his lips. We lock eyes, and I see guilt swimming in his green irises. I hope he sees the hurt in mine.

I snap back to reality, forcing my legs to carry me onward. Somewhere, anywhere that's not here.

My subconscious takes me to the library, where the librarian smiles warmly at me when I walk in. I smile back as cheerfully as I can, and decide on sitting at a table on the back corner.

I spread out my math textbook and some loose-leaf, deciding that I may as well get a head start on my boatload of homework so I don't have as much to do tonight.

I finish the first few questions fairly quickly. I find that once I know how to solve an equation properly and all the rules, I actually enjoy math.

My mind drifts as I write down the first few steps for question 4.

Why did Harry cheat? He said he was drunk and it didn't mean anything, but it had to. Maybe he got tired of me being afraid to show our relationship? Or finally found my non- girly behaviour unattractive? Maybe if I didn't wear jeans and sweaters everyday, or if I wore make up and styled my hair more he would have been happy. Stacy's so skinny and pretty and I'm...not.

I think I'm the one to blame for the break up.

i ordered a baseball hat off a horsey website and its been 4 days but it hasnt shipped yet i am offended (its brown with this really cool logo and one of my friends has a beige one #twinning)