Episode 15

Rin frowned and loosened up the necktie he wore for his first day of school.

"Why do we have to go to school?" he complained, pouting as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"Because humans have to and since we're in the human world, you have to go too," Sadao responded, dusting a stray strand of hair away from Yukio's forehead. 

"I think school will be fun!" Yukio exclaimed, grabbing Rin's hand and giving it a squeeze. Rin's pouting face turned into a smile. 

"Then that's that!" Sadao said, grabbing both of their free hands and walking the twins to their first day of Pre-K at their new school.

Once they entered the building and was led to their class, Rin and Yukio quickly let go of Sadao's hand and made a dash for the other children, to the shock of Sadao. 

"They've abandoned me so quickly," He murmured, a bit hurt. 

"Don't worry, your sons will be fine," The female teacher assured, a bright smile on her face.

Sadao laughed uncertainly, "They're not the ones I'm worried about," he said under his breath as the not too distant memory of the scene at the park played in his mind. 

The teacher stared confused at Sadao until he promptly left, heading to his job at McRonalds.

Having arrived at his place of employment, Sadao tried to assure himself everything would be fine. "They'll be alright...there's nothing to worry about..." He murmured under his breath, not paying any attention to the elder woman at the register. 

"...Take my order or not? I don't have all day," She said in an annoyed tone, snapping Sadao out of his thoughts. "Ah, Sorry. What would you like?"

After taking the customer's order, Sadao glanced at the clock nervously. Time was ticking by incredibly slowly and anxiety was creeping up on Sadao. He nervously bit his lip as he tried to turn his thoughts back to the job at hand. Everything seemed to be moving slowly. Even the customer's seemed to be moving slow. 

By the time Sadao's shift had finally ended, he bolted from McRonald's and rushed as quickly as he could to Rin and Yukio's new school. When he got there, a sea of parents were already there picking up their children. Sadao glanced around frantically until he spotted the twins casually standing by the wall. Heaving a sigh of relief, Sadao approached. 

"Hi Daddy! Why're you-omph?!"

Sadao grabbed both boy's into an enormous hug, nearly squishing them. "I missed you both so much!!" he shouted as tears fell out of his eyes. 

The other parents watched this in confusion and muttering to each other as the quickly ushered their children away from the scene. 

"Did daddy bump his head?" Rin inquired, whispering to Yukio.

"I don't know. He's acting weird..." 

Both twins stared up at Sadao who wore a ridiculous sloppy smile on his face and was humming to himself as he was pulling both boys after him heading home.