~Çhapter Fįftęęn~

I nervously waited outside Mrs.Vixen's, or Victoria's as she prefers me to call her, office. She requested I saw her and now I was looking from the top of the glass pyramid, watching other students down beneath me walk back to their respective houses or messing around with their friends, while I stood there anxiously awaiting my fate.

The belt of knives I had been given was designed to be light, enchanted to be light actually, but as I stood there, waiting, it felt like the heaviest thing in the world; I knew the Master Knives had something to do with this because only hours after I received them from the Box I was called to Mrs.Vixen's office.

A soft voice called me in and I immediately walked in to see Mrs.Vixen sitting at her desk looking immaculate as usual but what surprised me was Sophia- she was sitting in one of the chairs in front of Mrs.Vixen looking quite cheerful.

"Chase Sweetheart, come in have a seat," Mrs.Vixen's hypnotic voice called.

I took watchful steps forward and slowly sat down on the only available chair. I don't know why but whenever I'm around Mrs.Vixen I feel cautious and I'm always on alert.

She smiled at me."So Sweetheart, Sofia told me about how you beat the Box."

"Yes...Victoria...I did however, I cheated," I admitted and she looked taken aback for a second before she smiled.

"You cheated?" I nodded and she stared more then asked."How?"

I took the broken Restrictor bracelets out of my pocket and threw them on the desk."I broke the rules; you always must wear your Restrictor bracelets," I said and pointed to my broken pair."I clearly broke my own and thus I cheated."

Sophia smiled beside me."Yes but you didn't break them the assassin did and so you haven't cheated you've out smarted the Box," she said and Mrs.Vixen nodded.

"Also you have to remember that in the real world those beasts don't play by the rules; there are no rules! You do what you have to do to win," Mrs.Vixen said while picking up my broken Restrictors before putting them into her bin. For the first time I noticed something on her hand, or rather, the lack of something. A ring. Every Hunter is meant to have a ring from either of the four houses but Mrs.Vixen didn't have one.

"Umm...Victoria why is it that I'm so good with knives in particular?" I asked and she smiled softly.

"Well both your parents weapon of choice was knives so maybe that has something to do with it," she said with a shrug. I nodded my head as if I understood even though that made no sense.

"Anyway Sweetheart you're free to go I just wanted to see the Master Knives," she said with a glint in her eyes."I've never seen them before."

I released a breath I hadn't known I was holding before nodding slowly and getting up to leave.

I stopped at the door and turned around."Uhh... Victoria I don't have any Restrictors now and I'm required to wear them for Weapons Training," I said and she smiled.

"Well I don't have any spares so you'll just have to train without them."

Something clicked inside my head and I narrowed my eyes at her."It was a test."

Now Sophia and Mrs.Vixen was smiling.

"Yes it was Chase," Sophia said.