~Çhapter Sįxty-Nįnę~

I slumped against the table and rested my forehead against it.

"Woah, Archer. What's wrong?"

I groaned and turned, facing Zac, my cheek pressed against the wood. "My brain hurts."

"Yeah, the exams are such a pain," Amara agreed before handing me a sandwich. "Eat."

I raised my hand and took it, I didn't really want to eat to be honest, I felt too ill for a sandwich.

Artemis saw the look on my face and raised an eyebrow. "I don't need you passing out on the floor."

Zac smiled. "Just eat it."

Julian nudged me and smiled shyly. "Come on, It can't be that hard to eat two slices of bread."

Lucas turned another page in his massive 'notebook'. "We have two more days of full exams: two today during school hours.

"Tomorrow we wake up early to do a fitness test and an obstacle test then we have a test of our Individual abilities an hour later we have a hand to hand combat test."

"Yaaaayyy," I looked away from Lucas and at Apollo as he darted back across the room with a pot of chocolate mousse, he had undoubtedly stolen from someone else, sliding under the table and up Artemis and onto the table.

"Name a poison," Lucas started suddenly. "That can only-"

We all paused as a shadow was cast over the table and turned to see a dark haired girl staring at me with stormy grey eyes.

"Charlotte," Zac stated coldly and I swear I got chills for a second with how indifferent his voice sounded but I could almost see the layer of ice he'd put on just for her.

Charlotte looked at Zac and she looked sad for a moment but it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

Charlotte turned to me. "I need to speak to you."

"No way!" Julian stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

We were all startled for a moment at the volume of his voice.

Charlotte's eyes flashed with anger but she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, she seemed to be mouthing numbers. She opened her eyes. "I need to speak to, Chase."

Lucas continued to look down at his book but I could see the cogs turning, like he was wondering who he would need to carry to the infirmary.

Amara jumped to her feet. "Why should we trust you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. When was the last time she'd actually done something wrong to us? That was a long time ago.

I peered at her. Should I give her the benefit of the doubt? Should I give her a second chance? Should I talk to her?

No, no and no.

But am I going to do it anyway?

Yes.

I stood up and Artemis raised an eyebrow but I simply shrugged. "It's cool, I'll go."

I turned and was about to walk away, halfway through a step, when Zac caught my arm. "If you need us - scream."

I nodded and tried not to smile or roll my eyes, he would not appreciate that.

Charlotte's looked at me, surprise glazed over her features before she shook her head slightly. "Come on. I want to go somewhere private, please."

I followed her out of the hall and I turned around just as the doors closed to see Victoria staring at me again, her necklace pulsing, before she turned to Elijah.