~Çhapter Førty~

When I next awoke I sat up and went to get out my sleeping bag when I realised I wasn't in a sleeping bag at all but a bed- my bed at the academy.

"No, no, no. No!" I got up and looked around what was definitely my room, I threw the curtains back and sure enough, my regular view, if I squinted I could even see the mountain I had climbed up- I think I climbed up.

I was beginning to doubt that yesterday's events ever happened to be honest. In fact, if it weren't for the aching in my arms and legs then I wouldn't have believed it even happened and simply explain it away as a dream.

"Well Sweetheart, its good to see you're awake."

I spun round and saw Mrs. Vixen sitting on a chair by the fireplace. She looked quite shocked to be honest but why? I backed away but my back soon pressed against the cool glass of the windows.

"What-what are you doing here?" I asked, stuttering rather embarrassingly.

She tutted and gestured to the chair opposite her. I looked at her cautiously but she smiled gently before gesturing, yet again, at the chair.

I slowly walked over to it- my eyes never moving off Victoria, I barely even blinked- before I sat down at the edge of the seat: ready to dash for the door if necessary.

"Sorry I wasn't prepared for you to wake up that quickly, you should've been unconscious for an hour more at least. Luckily I came to check on you."

I nodded slowly and she sighed. "You gave us all quite a fright Chase," she shook her head slowly. "Running off like that, what were you thinking?"

"I was home sick," I replied smoothly- too smoothly; like I'd practiced the lie, which I had.

She tutted. "You can't leave here Chase, you don't leave these school grounds- ever."

"I'm sorry," I muttered half heartedly because really the words were echoing in my head. Never. I can't leave the school grounds- ever.

She looked at me with her piercing green eyes, disappointed, before she stood up.

"You'll go back to classes tomorrow and I suggest you start studying- your exams are coming up soon."

She began to walk away.

"Wait," I called and she turned around to look at me. "Christmas break- I won't be going home will I?"

"No," she confirmed my suspicions. "You'll be staying here."

She turned on her heels and strolled over to the door and placed her hand on the handle before pausing.

"Your friends are waiting for you by the way, they were reluctant to leave but they had to attend their classes."

With that she opened the door and walked out, her golden blonde curls bouncing as she went.

I sagged back against the chair and rested my head back- staring at the ceiling- I needed to find the gang.

I immediately got up and half ran half walked to the school building.

I checked the time and was relieved to find that they would be at lunch right now but that begged the question how long was I asleep for?