38-New girl

EJ's POV
I walked to my last period. I had English. I'm too worried about Okotte to pay attention. She was acting so scared at lunch. Did she care for those two boys that much. Damn it. Now I feel bad. I kept my head down in class.
I wonder what she was so scared about. Did she see someone? Did she see something? I hope she is alright. I will text Toby. I thought. I snuck out my phone and text Toby.

E̥ͦJ̥ͦ t̲̅o̲̅b̲̅y̲̅

H̥ͦe̥ͦy̥ͦ, d̥ͦo̥ͦ y̥ͦo̥ͦu̥ͦ k̥ͦn̥ͦo̥ͦw̥ͦ w̥ͦh̥ͦḁͦt̥ͦ i̥ͦs̥ͦ w̥ͦr̥ͦo̥ͦn̥ͦg̥ͦ w̥ͦi̥ͦt̥ͦh̥ͦ O̥ͦk̥ͦo̥ͦt̥ͦt̥ͦe̥ͦ?

n̲̅o̲̅ i̲̅d̲̅e̲̅a̲̅. y̲̅o̲̅u̲̅ g̲̅u̲̅e̲̅s̲̅s̲̅ i̲̅s̲̅ j̲̅u̲̅s̲̅t̲̅ a̲̅s̲̅ g̲̅o̲̅o̲̅d̲̅ a̲̅s̲̅ m̲̅i̲̅n̲̅e̲̅.

S̥ͦh̥ͦe̥ͦ w̥ͦḁͦs̥ͦ ḁͦc̥ͦt̥ͦi̥ͦn̥ͦg̥ͦ s̥ͦo̥ͦ s̥ͦc̥ͦḁͦr̥ͦe̥ͦd̥ͦ ḁͦt̥ͦ l̥ͦu̥ͦn̥ͦc̥ͦh̥ͦ. I̥ͦ'm̥ͦ g̥ͦo̥ͦi̥ͦn̥ͦg̥ͦ t̥ͦo̥ͦ s̥ͦi̥ͦt̥ͦ w̥ͦi̥ͦt̥ͦh̥ͦ h̥ͦe̥ͦr̥ͦ o̥ͦn̥ͦ t̥ͦh̥ͦe̥ͦ b̥ͦu̥ͦs̥ͦ ḁͦn̥ͦd̥ͦ t̥ͦḁͦl̥ͦk̥ͦ t̥ͦo̥ͦ h̥ͦe̥ͦr̥ͦ o̥ͦk̥ͦ? T̥ͦe̥ͦl̥ͦl̥ͦ e̥ͦv̥ͦe̥ͦr̥ͦy̥ͦo̥ͦn̥ͦe̥ͦ e̥ͦl̥ͦs̥ͦe̥ͦ t̥ͦo̥ͦ s̥ͦi̥ͦt̥ͦ i̥ͦn̥ͦ t̥ͦh̥ͦe̥ͦ f̥ͦr̥ͦo̥ͦn̥ͦt̥ͦ.

o̲̅k̲̅ i̲̅ w̲̅i̲̅l̲̅l̲̅ t̲̅e̲̅l̲̅l̲̅ e̲̅v̲̅e̲̅r̲̅y̲̅o̲̅n̲̅e̲̅.

T̥ͦh̥ͦḁͦn̥ͦk̥ͦs̥ͦ T̥ͦo̥ͦb̥ͦ.

n̲̅o̲̅ p̲̅r̲̅o̲̅b̲̅l̲̅e̲̅m̲̅.

I shut off my phone and continued to look down and worry for Okotte. I waited for the bell to ring and left. I ran to the bus. I found her sitting in the back looking out the window. I sat next to her throwing my stuff in the seat in front of us.
  "Hey Okotte. Are you ok?" I asked.
  "Yeah. Just lost in thought. Don't worry about me." She shrugged.
  "Too late. What happened during lunch. You were hanging onto me for dear life. Are you sure you are ok." I said.
  ".........I don't want to talk about it." She said softly.
  I placed my hand above her's. "You know you can tell me anything."
  She sighed. Suddenly she clung onto me again. "Let's just say, I've been told I was going to loose someone I love and I'm afraid. The person said that I'm the reason why." She cried.
  My eyes widened and I hugged her. "Don't worry. Everyone is fine. Nothing is going to happen. I promise." I whispered to her.
  I heard her soft cries. The rest of the ride home she hugged me. I just sat quietly wondering who told her that. Whoever did is in a world of hurt.
  The bus stopped and I shook Okotte. She was asleep. I smiled and picked her up. I left our stuff on the bus. As I walked off the bus, Slender sent me a glare. I smirked and toke Okotte to her room. As I put her on her bed she woke up.
  "Huh? Oh. Sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep on you. I'm sorry." She said blushing.
  "It's ok. Wanna go pick up Sally?" I asked.
  "Yeah. That will be fun." She smiled and got up. She told Slender she was going to pick up Sally wth me and he said ok. We began walking through the woods.
  "Who told you that?" I asked.
  "What do you mean?" She asked tilting her head.
  "What you told me on the bus. Who told you that?"
  "I still don't know what you are talking about." She said emotionless.
  "That someone you love is going to die because of you. Who told you that?" I asked again.
  "Oh. I was kinda hoping to avoid that subject. If I tell you will you keep it a secret? You have to promise me you won't tell anyone. Just like you promised that nothing will happen." She said sternly.
  "I promise." I said grabbing her hand again to comfort her.
  "Well, after I woke up from when we escaped the prison, there was this voice in my head. He told me that he would give me power. Then at lunch he told me that I was going to lose someone I love and everything I know will be turned upside down and it will all be my fault. He told me not to tell anyone because they wouldn't believe me." She said trying not to cry. I squeezed her hand.
  "I believe you. If you are this scared of him then I believe he is there. Did you take the power?" I asked.
  "No. I told him to stay a voice in my head until I decided wether or not I was going to take the power." She said grabbing my arm with her other hand. I smiled and leaned my head on her's.
  "Don't worry. I won't let him get to you. Neither should you. He can't control you." I said softly.
  "Thanks EJ. *sigh*" she let go of my arm and we walked to Sally's school in comfortable silence.
  We got to her class and Sally ran out with a little girl behind her. She was about the same height and had brown hair like her's but an odd shade of brown eyes, they are almost red.

  "JACKSON!!! SISSY!!! I MADE A NEW FRIEND!! Her name is Lazari!!!" Sally yelled running towards us

  "JACKSON!!! SISSY!!! I MADE A NEW FRIEND!! Her name is Lazari!!!" Sally yelled running towards us. Sally jumped into Okotte's arms and she picked her up.
  Lazari stopped and stared at me. "Hello Mr. I'm Lazari. Are you single?"
  I raised a brow at her question. "What?"
  Okotte giggled. (I've seen that most Lazari fans ship her with EJ most likely because they are both cannibles.) "How cute. My name is Okotte. I'm Sally's big sister." She said to the little girl.
  "Hello miss. Like I said, I'm Lazari." She smiled.
  "What a pretty name, for a beautiful girl." Okotte smiled. I felt my heart beat faster. Wow. She is really good with kids.
  "Thank you." She smiled and turned back to me. "You never answered my question." She said blushing.
  "Uhhhhh." I scratched the back of my neck.
  Okotte leaned in my ear. "Just play along. It's cute."
  I nodded. "Yeah. I'm single. Why?" I asked.
  "Will you be my boyfriend?" She asked sweetly.
  "Awwwwww this can't get any cuter!!!" Okotte squealed.
  "Sure. Why not?" I smiled at her. She yelled yay and held my hand.
  "So EJ? When are we going to the mansion?" She asked.
  My face drew and blank. "Wait what?"
  "You heard me. Take me home. I'm just going to go back to that stupid orphanage." She said.
  I shrugged. "Your dad would be happy." I said to Okotte.
  "Yeah true. Well, let go girls." She smiled. Sally rode on Okotte's back and Lazari held my hand all the way there.
  When we got back Slender first asked what she was doing here but then we explained and allowed her in. Lazari is now sharing a room with Sally and Okotte. Sally and Lazari sleep in pink bunk bed now. Lazari wouldn't leave me alone and when I asked her to give me a bit of privacy she said "I can't because you are my boyfriend." I would just roll my eyes and lock her out of my room.
  I laid on my bed and sighed. I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.