Step back in time.

{Zak}

My eyes drifted over to Robyn who had fallen asleep in the passenger seat beside me. Her rosy pink lips were pouted slightly as her brunette locks danced across her face in the wind. I did her window up slightly causing her hair to settle and for her body to give a small sigh.

I slowed my driving down taking my time to get to where I needed and wanted to be so that Robyn could sleep. I soothed my thumb over her thigh taking in as much positive energy as I could, it seemed to roll off her so fluidly even with her own turmoil.

I looked over checking on her to see that she was still asleep. She wanted to explore the museum, but the idea of anything hurting her or effecting her whilst she was still a little fragile panicked me. I had watched her on the CCTV, caught up in her emotions as she placed her hand on her stomach. That's when I knew being here wouldn't help...

Robyn, although subtle in her ways had been avoiding mirrors. Whether it was because she still envisioned the baby still being with her, or whether it was because she had a pale complexion for what her body was going under. To me she will always be the most beautifulest and strongest woman I know.

Her hand rested on my arm giving it a gentle rub to make sure I was still there beside her. I felt her body give a hard jolt and her hand to tense on my arm until she came around to where she was.

"Welcome back." I smiled.

Giving me a lazy smile she rubbed my arm "Sorry, I'm a bad co pilot."

"Nonsense, distracting, but not a bad one." I checked the road ahead before leaning over the car and giving her a kiss.

"Hmm.. Watch the road, you." She smiled softly before sitting up.

I suppressed the small chuckle as she undid her window letting the air back in on her face.

"So Mr. Bagans. Where are we going to?" She asked.

"Well..." I smiled looking up at the derelict buildings coming into view. I looked over at Robyn as she narrowed her eyes to see the upcoming sign.

Before she could say a thing, I put my hand behind her seat and placed one object on her lap causing a grin to fill her face.

"You remembered." As she picked up her camera playing with it. I had originally put her camera in the car for her to take photos of the museum but with the atmosphere, I figured it could wait another day.

"Of course. Welcome to Virginia City." I introduced as we went past the sign.

I knew this place well, but Robyn as far as I was aware had never been. Her face was bright and eyes scanned the windscreen excitedly.

This is what we needed. Time out.

Putting into a carpark, I turned off the car and looked over to see Robyn almost clambering out the car. I chuckled and stepped out as she closed her door as raced around to my side.

"I love this place already! How fast can you walk?" She asked grinning.

"Hey," I spoke making her face turn to look at me. "Let's just relax, unwind yeah? I'm happy to walk all day."

I was a little taken back when she gave me a hug, it obviously meant a lot to her to be brought somewhere like this.

"Let's go then." I smiled kissing her forehead, entwining our fingers we set off around Virginia city whilst I became Robyn's personal tour guide.

-----------------

{Robyn}

I was in awe with this place as Zak drove up towards it. I couldn't decide what and where I wanted to look first until he parked the car up and leant against his door.