This was a test.

I chewed my lip, tugging at the top layer of skin for what felt like hours before I pushed the door open and stepped inside.

The sound of music filled my ears as I took in the blood red walls which held various designs. The floor was polished wood, and after a few steps and my boot heels rapping on the floor a man appeared.

"Hey, can I help?" He asked looking at me with brown eyes and countless piercings.

"I- I'm just looking." I smiled nervously.

"Okay. Do you have any idea what you're looking for?"

I nodded "I guess it's nerves more than anything."

"First time?"

"That obvious?" I asked causing a smile to break across his face.

"Do you have an appointment?" He asked opening a large diary. I was about to reply when another man poked his head out, dress head to toe in black with a cap.

"Robyn?"

"Yes, I rang earlier." I answered feeling my hands joining together. But after the conversation with Aaron last night, I pulled them apart.

"Come on in."

"Is this..." I pointed to a photo of a familiar tattoo. One I had spent hours admiring.

"That's Zak Bagans. From Ghost Adventures. I did his angel/ demon tattoo. I'm names Ant." He smiled.

I shook his hand and shook the other guys hand who's name was Darren.

"You're very talented." I complimented.

"Thanks. The photo doesn't do it justice." He answered.

"No, it misses out the small details of it,  like the way the skull merges, and the fingers holding the skull. But anyone who sees it in real life know what a piece it is." I smiled.

"Sounds like you know from experience." He smirked, his eyes travelled to outside the shop where I had parked Zak's car. "I guess you know all too well."

I smiled and took off the hair tie from my wrist and putting my hair up out the way.

"Let's get this started then." He clapped.

After a quick consultation and the chance to change my mind, I picked a font and waited patiently sat on a chair.

The sound of the machine buzzed behind me causing a surge of adrenaline to rush in my body. "Ready?"

I nodded with a grin.

---------

I stepped out the tattoo parlour with my trapezius taped up and covered. It was tender still but I couldn't wait to show it off. With strict instructions and a small pot of cream I hopped into Zak's car and headed off.

I had received a text from Zak this morning, a simple good morning text with hopes that I slept well. I replied that I slept okay, missing out the fact I had woke countless amounts of time trying to find him, before remembering that he wasn't here at all. Then I would slump back down in the pillows feeling lost.

It had only been a day and a half, what if it was two weeks? What the hell would I do?!

I looked at my poorly bandaged hand and shook my head. How could he be any kind of monster? It wasn't in his nature to be cruel.

My mind had wandered and it wasn't long before I was sat outside the museum. Disappointment filled my bones when I realised he probably wasn't here. But I still had to check anyway, after staking out the place, watching the workers go in and out with Cece, I headed away.