Bacon,bacon

A week later...

I sighed quietly looking down at my lap where Zak had his head as I was sat on the bed. After a week in California of back to back lockdowns.  It was safe to say, Zak was exhausted.
You could tell from his cuddliness as well as the amount of times we argued over pointless things whilst on set.

Not to mention him almost exploding because I left my phone in the car when me and Bacon did a supply run when we arrived in Utah a few hours ago. He thought something had happened and almost popped a blood vessel as I walked through the door.

But his anger was laced with concern and despite him shouting at me, he was fussing and stroking my hair continuously whilst checking me over.

So after that show down, we were here.. Nap time.

"Knock knock." Bacon whispered making me look up.

"Hey, how's your room?" I asked softly.

"Good. He finds some incredible places. This place has a tennis court and wine room." He spoke looking down at Zak who was fast asleep. "He's shattered."

I nodded "I know, I just hope nothing effects him badly, he's so low right now."

"I'm sure he'll be better after some sleep."

"Fingers crossed." I smiled brushing his hair back gently.

"He lives for you. He really does."

"As I for him."

"You're gonna make awesome parents."

I smiled "I know he will. Even if he doesn't think he's ready."

"I don't think I was until I had my boy in my arms. It all just falls into place."

"That's good to know, if I'm honest? I'm terrified it will be me who screws up... I didn't have a mother figure or father one for that fact."

"You know what? Everyone is different, we all do things differently especially on how to raise our kids. You'll find your own way, and that way will be perfect for you and you only. Don't worry about everyone else. You concentrate on being a yummy mummy." Bacon smiled.

"You're amazing." I replied. "You're a great friend and bodyguard."

He chuckled "Yeah didn't expect that this trip. But hey? I'll risk it all for you and that little life you're creating."

"Why? Why would you do that for us?" I asked curious.

His smile warmed my heart "Because I believe good things come to those who wait.. 12 years is a long time to wait. I only wished you two found each other sooner. But you'll have the rest of your lives together and hopefully I can be a part of that."

A tear escaped my eye making me wipe it as I laughed "Sorry."

"Don't ever apologise to me. You rest up too. I'm gonna go for a smoke."

I nodded "See you in a bit."

I turned my attention back to Zak, taking in his face and removing the odd bit of fluff from his hair every so often. I loved him dearly but sometimes I really wish he'd take a nap sooner than wait until we were yelling at each other before he would drag me to bed and fall asleep.

Apparently he sleeps better if someone is beside him, hence why for a single nap, I was here. A low whistle went off leaving me to look over to his phone.

I struggled to move and with a little shuffle I managed to grasp his phone between my finger tips. The screen lit up as I flicked it on silent so it wouldn't wake him, when I saw the app notification as well as the message attached to that.