Amor numquam moritur 🖤

I took a deep breath before swallowing the lump of sadness, anger and anything negative back down.

"How did you find me?" I asked quietly.

"Your phone and my car. They both have trackers on them." He answered looking a little worried.

"Hmm..." I looked away turning my attention to his Mercedes. He knew of the tracker, he knew where I'd be all the time. But it still took him six days?

"Are you not happy to see me?" He asked stepping towards me. I took a step away not trusting myself not to hit him with the other half of the breadstick.

"You don't trust me Zak. How can I be happy?" I asked placing the breadstick down to remove the urge to throw it at him.

"I do-"

"No you don't. You don't otherwise you wouldn't have gave me the car with a tracker, you wouldn't have put me in a hotel with Aaron. He's gullible, as am I. But we aren't stupid."

Zak shifted on his feet looking at the mess on the floor knowing he had been caught out. "I'll clean that up." He decided looking for the dustpan and brush.

"Leave it." I gritted my teeth.

Seeing it by the door he grabbed it and set to work tidying up the mess anyway making me fold my arms in annoyance.

"What chance do we have if you don't trust me?" I asked making his retreating back stop as he went to put the crumbs in the bin.

"We don't. Which is why I got help." He answered. "I don't want to lose the one person in my life that I adore and trust then most."

The emotion of sadness took hold then as tears pricked my eyes. Sniffing and blinking back the tears I looked at the food on the side.

"I'll be right back." He informed me slipping out the door.

The small voice of doubt sang in my mind that he was how doing a runner, but when the door opened and a wet nose came in I couldn't help but smile.

He had brought Gracie too!

I crouched down and gave her love and attention. Kissing her fur and nuzzling into her as she lapped at my face with a wagging tail. Zak stood quietly watching us before I realised we weren't on completely safe ground yet. Standing up I took my position back by the sink as he stood behind the small island.

"What time did you leave Vegas?" I questioned.

"7am."

I nodded mentally working out the time it would take to get here. "Have you eaten?" I asked. He never got the chance to reply as his stomach rumbled.

"I'll make you dinne- lunch. Lunch dinner." I answered pushing myself off the side making myself busy.

I had planned to make Spaghetti Bolognese today, the bread stick would have been cheesy garlic bread if it wasn't sticking out the bin whilst the other half sat on the work top looking sorry for itself.

"I can orde-"

"I said I'm making something." I bit pulling the beef mince out the bag along with mushrooms, peppers and an onion.