* Sins *[m]

Hiding my hands under the table for privacy, I clenched my fist hard almost wishing I could pop a knuckle as I looked on at the scene in front of me.

A tall leggy woman was sat at the bar, her smooth tanned legs folded over another as she giggled and beamed at Zak. Her small shorts and low cut top had his interest and if that wasn't enough, she would play with her hair or bite on her lip occasionally as they spoke.

Unable to concentrate on anything but them, I decided a different technique and that was to dig my thumb into the palm of my hand sending a pain response to my brain.

"Don't let it bother you." Bacon whispered beside me as I tried to look at the menu in front of me.

We had arrived in California and had checked into our hotel, it was now dinner time and Zak had lost his way when he offered to get drinks. It was no surprise when I saw why he had a sudden need to order them at the bar.

"It's not." I replied calmly, digging my thumb in again before stifling the groan that threatened to leave my throat.

"So, you looking forward to this lockdown?" He asked.

I nodded with a smile "It's an unsolved case, I'm fascinated. I guess it's weird of me but there's so many questions that I hope they get the answers too."

"Yeah, one of the few cases that shook America. I think everyone has heard of The Black Dahlia so for them to get the location..."

"I know right?" I sighed thankful that I had the company of Bacon.

The loud laugh from the red painted lips grated me more than what I liked, even the wincing was noticeable as I sat there.

"He's just trying to wind you up, it's his way of showing he-"

"That he's an asshole. Bacon, please save your breath on trying to defend him."

He nodded before pulling out his phone and clicked away. If you can't beat them, join them! I got my phone and decided to go on social media, after a flick through I clicked on my social media messages to find my mailbox building up slowly from David, 'My Uncle.' I add the bunny ears just in case he's not and he's just a chancer...

- I know this has come as a shock, but I'd like to extend the hand to the family. A lot has changed.

- Please don't ignore us, if you don't wish to communicate with your family then let us know.

A part of me wasn't settled, I wanted to know if he was telling the truth and if he really was my uncle. I wanted to know a little more about my parents, I wanted to know what my mom was like as a child.

I sat back flabbergasted at a picture that had been sent. It was a picture of my mom as a baby, only my baby photo was beside it...

-Your mom sent one photo. We have cherished that photo, I wasn't lying when I said you were her double. Come home Robyn.

"I don't have a home." I mumbled before putting my phone on the table and pinching the bridge of my nose.

Hearing the same laugh again, anger built and I snatched up my phone typing a message out.