Silence is a sound.

I woke up and smiled instantly, the sun was shining into the room and I knew where I needed to be. Rushing out the bedroom and across the hall I slipped into the nursery. The sound of the mobile above the crib tinkled gently in the air as it slowly moved.

Love filled my bones as I looked at the soft pastels of the room. I approached the cot when the smile faded, pulling the sheet back I found it empty.

"No.. no! No!" I cried spinning around the room in panic.

"What's up?" Zak asked rocking in a chair holding our little bundle.

"You beat me." I sighed with relief walking over.

"I did, woke up extra early."

As I stepped forward my foot squelched. Looking down I watched the blood surface between my toes. Gasping I pulled away, lifting my foot up in confusion.

"What's wrong?" Zak asked.

"I-.."

He moved the edge of the blanket gently revealing the face of our baby.

"Zak?! Zak!" I cried.

"What?" His hand dipped into the blanket pulling out a heart. "Surprise."

I fell back in horror "What the hell is that?! Why do you have that?!"

"It's for you... it's yours."

My eyes snapped down to my chest as I patted feeling the gaping hole.

"No? H-why? How?!"

"You gave it to me... I'm just looking after it." He laughed wickedly before throwing it against the wall.

"No!"

-------

I screamed myself awake throwing my head around the room looking for Zak when a larger figure fell into the room.

"Bacon?!"

"Y- you okay?!" He asked rushing across the room and checking the doors.

"I- this is a dream... You can't fool me and you won't be taking my baby."

"What are you on about?"

"I want you to leave. You don't belong here, in my head now get out!" I demanded.

"Bro?" Bacon asked looking to Zak who was stepping in the room.

"Roo? Baby?"

"You as well. Huh... Both of you get out. You're nothing!"

"Sweetie, this isn't a dream."

I scoffed "Exactly what a demon would say!"

"Oh hell, old school." Bacon answered pinching my toe hard.

"Oh hey asshole!" I shot pulling my feet away.

"Hey shortcake." He grinned.

I pouted "Well now this sucks."

"Awake now?" Bacon teased.

"You hurt my toe. Where were you?" I asked turning my attention to Zak.

"Having a pee."

"And I was checking the door." Bacon shrugged.

"Oh... wait why are you here so early?" I asked.

"It's actually 8pm..."

"Oh."

"And I'm moving in until all this stalker shit is sorted.. Parrrrty."

I looked at Zak who kept a straight face. "This... this is serious now.. Isn't it?"