In the morning

I woke the next morning with a thick head and sore throat. Rubbing it with my hand I opened my eyes to find Zak sat up with a concerned look on his face.

"You're sick." Was his first words.

"Morning to you too."

"This is how it starts..." He muttered slipping off the bed and grabbing the bottle of water sat across the room.

"How what starts?" I asked pulling myself up but the pressure is my head  made me grumble and I eased back down.

"What do you think?" He asked opening it up and placing it to my lips. I shook my head and took the bottle.

"I'm not disabled or sick. It's a cold. I'm fine. And yes we most certainly are going to that museum."

He looked away shaking his head in frustration "No, can't you see this is a warning?"

"No, not at all. Zak it's a cold, not anything serious. Most likely from germ infested people on the strip."

He grumbled something but I was too slow and tired to hear it.

I handed him the water as a coughing fit took hold, holding a hand over my face I shooed him away but he stayed.

"We are staying put today. I don't care what you say. It's final. I own the museum you don't and I'm saying no!" He finalised.

This time it was my turn to grumble. He knew best because within minutes I was worse.

The coughing was more frequent, headache soared, my temperature was all over the place, every limb seemed to have a mind set of its own as it ached and my breathing wasn't normal.

Zak had gone to make breakfast but by the time he came back, I was laid in bed crying.

"Hey. Woah what's happened?" He asked pushing the tray on the side before putting his hand on my head.

"Everything hurts. I'm freezing cold and the air con is on." I complained.

"Ai- Roo you're on fire. Take some of these layers off." He urged reaching for one when I pushed his hand away.

"It's cold Zak no."

"You need medication, and to keep hydrated." He recommended.

"No, leave me alone." I whined shaking my head as he opened the bottle of water.

"Now Robyn, just drink some... For me."

I hiccuped a cry back and took a sip before laying back down "Go.."

"Go where?" He asked.

"Away from me. You'll get it too. Go museum or go make up with your mom. Not here."

"Someone needs to look after you."

"I'll be okay."

"Says the woman crying in bed with pains." He countered.

I curled up away from him pulling the bedding around me tightly. This house was so damn cold, I had goosebumps on my skin.

"The air conditioning isn't on by the way, it's your body temperature dropping and rising. I think I should call a doctor at least.." Zak spoke pulling out his phone.

"No, it's just flu."

"Flu.. not good. Cold we can handle but not the flu."

"Zak all he's gonna tell me is to stay home and rest. I'm doing it now, there isn't a lot else he can recommend that I'm not doing already. Please, just go do your own thing today. I'll stay in bed and sleep."