Learning about him.

Standing outside a familiar door, I sighed.  I hadn't planned any of this, but I found that the car had driven me to this spot as if it knew I had unfinished business.

I knocked on the door and stepped away looking up at the peep hole. After a minute, I heard shuffling and the key turn before the door opened.

"Aaron." I breathed.

His eyes scanned all around me before looking down at me "Where's Zak?"

"Home."

"Why are you here?" He asked opening the door to let me in.

I slipped inside and followed him to the kitchen where he took his position by the coffee machine.

"I came to apologise, to you.. For yesterday." I began.

"Okay."

"I shouldn't have done it, I was in a mess and I tried to use you."

"Does Zak know? He didn't speak on the way home yesterday." He replied turning to look at me.

"I told him everything, I will always tell him everything. He knows it was me and not you. Yesterday's silence was about what happened..."

He nodded slowly "How's your face?"

"Tender. But I can handle that, I need a favour."

He dropped the spoon in the cup and turned folding his arms giving me an annoyed look. I'd never experience Aaron with a lockdown hangover. Does he get them too?

"Zak's asked me. Well not asked me, he was going to. But I decided it was best if I did instead-"

"To do what?"

"To leave, for a week, maybe two..."

"Leave?!" He asked causing his brows to shoot up.

"Yeah.. I'm staying in Vegas, in a hotel. I uh- my favour is to make sure he is okay. Whilst I'm away." I rushed.

"Why? If you think he's not going to be, why are you going?"

Good point..

"He's going to get help, I think, well from what I can piece together, he hasn't dealt with a few problems."

"Like?" He asked shaking his head.

"The miscarriage. Nick maybe? His dad? I don't know. But he says he's angry at the world. He said he's becoming paranoid."

"It happens with us... The show isn't easy." He sighed looking away.

"He's overstressed, the museum keeps having knock backs on displays and the regulations of it, I know for a fact are getting to him. I know I have no right to ask but can you just keep an eye on him? Discreetly?"

Aaron mulled it before nodding "Yeah but you know if he finds out, both of our heads are on the chopping block."

"I know.."

"Where are you staying?" He asked.

I smiled "I can't tell you.. If he knew that you knew, then he'd put pressure on you. If he asks about me, don't lie. Just avoid that I asked you to look after him, you know how head strong he is."

Aaron scoffed "Don't I ever."

"You're a good friend to him, I'm sorry I jeopardised that."

He sighed "Shorty, there's no hard feelings. I get that I'm the better looking one but I'm just not that into you." He responded making me grin.

"Thank you Aaron.."

"You're welcome. You call me if you need anything okay?"

I nodded "Is it too soon to ask for a hug?"