I've loved and I lost

I tugged on my shoe as I looked at Zak, the slow delayed movements could only mean he was still tired. Discreetly rolling my eyes I began picking up the rest of this things. Walking over to his bag I went to put them in when his hand grabbed my wrist hard.

"O-ow-"

"Would you lie to me?" He asked.

My heart sank looking at him as he asked that, how I wanted to say no and tell him I'd never lie. A part of me couldn't..

"I-No of course not."

His face paled and with a nod he let my wrist go before wiping his mouth. "I uh.. I have to-"

"Zak?" I questioned as he walked out the hotel room leaving me stood there baffled.

I looked down at my wrist feeling the heat still on it when I realised it was red from the pressure of his grip. I gave it a little rub before continuing on knowing we had to be out in an hour.

Sitting down on the bed with all our bags packed I looked over at my phone. Picking it up I hovered my thumb over the app button, before curiosity got the better of me.

I had looked whilst Zak was sleep earlier and some of the messages caused me to panic again, so I did the next best thing.

I rung an ex police officer to have information dug on this person who's claiming to be my family. Sure he knew bits and pieces but anyone would if they looked hard enough... My parents death made it into the local paper and I was hailed some miracle child for surviving the crash. Not to mention the social network accounts I have. Not a lot was posted but it could have been enough for him to work bits and pieces out.

The notifications began pinging setting the anxiety in my tummy off.

- We need to talk.
- don't ignore me.
- We are family and I can prove it.
- don't hold one bad comment against us.
- I'd like for us to meet.
- Stubborn like your mother too. You really are her double.

I twiddled the rosary around my neck as I continued reading when I began wondering whether I should have told Zak from the off.

It would have made sense, he could help... But would he be mad that I was having someone check this guy out. That I didn't come to him first? He couldn't be seriously angry with me. I had only spoken to Jim!

I slid off the bed and opened the door to find and speak to him when I found him in the car lot talking and hugging a woman. Her red hair looked gorgeous all pinned up in the right places, white teeth, dazzling smile and a slim body.

She was hard to look away from in her small dress, until her fingers stroked Zak's arm, his smile got wider and she giggled tilting her head revealing a small section of her neck.

Who the hell is she?

Probably a friend or maybe a fan.

He doesn't greet all his fans like that.

Shut up.

I looked down at his bag feeling the anger brimming up having just packed it up for him.

A part of me wanted to shut the door and brush it off. The other part wanted to throw his bag over the balcony at her perfect face.

Whilst shouting "Catch that bitch."

He's making you crazy..

Maybe he was, he probably was. There's a chance- he is.

I closed the door and brushed my palms off on my jeans before catching myself in the mirror.