Development

I wiped my face gently trying to stop the tears that seemed to be forever appearing. With Zak still asleep beside me, I had already got out of bed three time to blow my nose.

I guess you could say I was sobbing at this stage.

I went to get up and distract my mind when Zak woke grunting and grumbling as he came to terms with the morning.

"H-hey." I stuttered making his eyes flash to me. Concern flooded his face as he sat up instantly still half asleep, and confused.

"What's happened? What's wrong? Is this cau-"

"He died!" I wailed throwing the iPad to the bottom of the bed.

"W-who?"

"Tyler! He fucking died!"

He seemed even more confused until I told him that the E-book I had been obsessed with a few months ago I had finally finished.

"Oh."

"He left her with a baby! He got killed whilst out in Iraq! It hurts!" I wept.

Zak pulled me into a hug rubbing my back softly "Maybe you shouldn't read those books anymore? Jesus..." He murmured as I blew my nose.

Oh yeah. I was emotional.

"I hate that writer. I hate her! How could she do that to me? I had the happy ever after and then she did that! Damn her!"

Zak chuckled lightly kissing my forehead "Oh chicken..." He sighed. "If you're honest with yourself, a lot of this emotion is from the past couple days too right?"

"No! Tyler was my man! I feel heartbroken!"

"I thought I was your man? You having an affair?" He asked pulling back playfully.

"You're an idiot. Promise me you'll never leave me though, promise me you'll stay with me forever?"

Zak nodded giving me a kiss and stroking away a tear that fell. "Stop crying baby."

"She's a horrible horrible lady."

"Yeah fuck her." He mumbled kissing my mouth again.

"Zak.. Y-" his mouth consumed mine pulling my mind from my aching heart. He was right in what he said, the last few days had been hard but that book was the finisher.

I pulled away stroking the side of his face. "I love you. I don't feel as if I say it enough but I love you so much."

"Stop crying it pains me to see you cry."

"I can't help it, stupid book."

He lifted his finger up "You... You're ban from literature. Yeah. Oh yeah unless it's Dracula then no more."

"I think it's probably wise."

"So do I." He confirmed pulling on my hip gently.

"Zak?"

"Yes?" He mumbled into my neck as he planted kisses.

"You've just woke up."

"You need distracting." He replied back before pulling the bedding over our heads.

******

I laid on the bed completely exhausted but exhilarated as I came down from my high. My body shuddered and twitched from the aftershocks as Zak panted beside me.

Every inch of my skin felt tingly and one spot in particular was more sensitive than others.

"Holy shit." He breathed lacing his hand into mine.