Family isn't always blood.

I chewed my lip looking out the window of the Bentley, people who lived in Vegas were always rushing around and the tourists? They always dawdled as they gawped at the lights and attractions.

The air con kept me from over heating and the soft music kept my mind from reeling too much.

"You don't have to do this.." Zak spoke taking my hand and holding onto it. His thumb soothed over the back of my hand in comfort.

"Why does it feel that I have no choice?" I asked.

"You always have a choice. Always." He pushed making me nod in understanding.

We were sat outside a small café, the only one I knew that wasn't heaving with drunkards trying to use grease to soak up their alcohol from the night before. It was a few blocks away from the strip, which meant Zak could be near without being hassled.

Normally I wouldn't mind, but I was nervous as hell and if I needed to leave, fast... Then he'd be there instantly.

"Hey. Look at me." He urged pulling on my chin gently.

I looked up at him, feeling like a child looking for some guidance. His autumn eyes warmed me and sending me in a relaxed state.

"I'm with you, I won't be at your side but my eyes will always be on you. Okay?" He asked.

I nodded "I love you."

He mouth curved to a smile "Love you too. It's also time baby."

Shifting my eyes to the small digital clock in his car, my heart dipped and twisted into the knot in my stomach.

His lips touched my forehead before we both got out and headed inside.

The café was surprisingly quiet, only a few people where inside. The staff, an teenager with headphones on, an older man sat reading his paper, an old couple sharing a milkshake causing me to smile and look at Zak who was scouting out the place and finally a man who's eyes locked with me and he rose from his seat.

"You came in.. I didn't think you were going to get out the car.." He breathed. His eyes were a shade of green, his hair was brown and cut short, most likely for practicality. He had on dark pants and a khaki shirt making his eye colour pop.

"David." I answered.

"My god you look like your mother." He smiled.

He stepped towards me with open arms causing me to hit back into Zak making David stop. "I'm sorry.. Forgive me. You just- if you were a stranger I'd believe in reincarnation."

"Sorry, for.. I'm not quiet ready for that yet." I explained causing him to nod.

"Sit down please." He urged sitting himself down in the booth. Davids eyes shifted to Zak who was glued to my side as I walked cautiously over and sat down.

"I'll give you both some space." Zak informed us, but spoke mainly to me. "I'll be sitting over there." Zak pointed to a small table.

"Okay..."

"Don't upset her." Zak warned David who nodded instantly.

With a double kiss on my forehead, Zak walked over to the table and sat down watching us both.

"H-he seems friendly." David spoke looking between myself and Zak. "Is he your husba-"

"Boyfriend... Partner. Boss."

He frowned slightly. "I work with him too." I explained making the penny drop.

"Oh, I see. Have you been together long? Does he make you happy?"