iii. reggie mantle

chocolate - the 1975

reggie mantle  

          there he was, walking around looking all high and mighty as if he owned the place. he did this regularly and it pissed me off everytime i saw him.

          i marched my way to him, the crowd of people parted allowing me to make my way through the hall without struggling to move past everyone. they knew that shit was going to go down.

          "what the hell reggie?" i shouted, he jumped in surprise but a smirk appeared on his face when he saw my face. "you know i have relatives over tonight and my parents are going to kill me!" i screamed in frustration.

          "calm down y/n, at least you'll be with me," he chuckled. I was so mad at reggie, he put us both in detention, and i was specifically told to be home on time, but even the anger in my body couldn't stop me from melting in his presence. his deep voice made my heart race so fast, i was surprised that i hadn't struggled to get words out.

          "stop being so fucking cocky for once," i continued to yell. i didn't even know why i was complaining. the only real reason why i would be scared about going to detention is because my parents would punish me, but other than that i'd rather be in a room alone with reggie than be with my insane family.

          "i thought cocky was attractive," he pouted.

          "there's a line that some people cross that makes it so very unattractive, and you happen to be one of them!" 

          reggie chuckled and i sighed, knowing he wouldn't give up, i left.

___

          the room was empty, i supposed reggie would be here late.

          i sighed and took a seat in the middle of the classroom and waited for the teacher to come.

         a few minutes later, the door opened, i turned to face the door hoping to see a teacher but it was only reggie. he smiled and took the seat next to me.

         "there are other seats in this classroom, you know?" i kept my eyes on the book i was reading, avoiding any eye contact with reggie.

          "i know," he didn't move.

          "why did you decide to sit here then?" i was so tempted to put down my book and stare at his perfect face, but i didn't.

           "i'd get bored," he rest his chin i the palm of his hands and watched me closely as i read.

          "can you not?"

          "not what?"

          "being so fucking creepy."

          "you're staring at me, stop being creepy."

          "because you were staring at me first!" my voice was raised, but he enjoyed all of it.

          "you were staring at me first," he mimicked and laughed. "man, you are great!"

          "tell me something i don't know," i said bluntly. he suddenly stopped laughing and went back to staring.

          it was like this for a while. no teacher had even came in.

          reggie made no noise and neither did i, except for everytime i turned a page over in my book.

          "alright, sorry! god, don't be so boring," reggie finally spoke. i turned my head and looked at him and feigned hurt. "come on, stop playing, y/f/n told me you like me."

          "well, y/f/n is wrong," i lied. i couldn't believe he/she told reggie i liked him.

          "honestly, y/n, don't be too bothered because i don't really care."

          ouch. that hurt. but i hid the hurt with more annoyance. i was good at that.

          "yeah, don't be too bothered about it because it's not true."

          "you know, most people who try their hardest to deny shit are the ones that are lying?"

          "that makes no sense reggie," i rubbed my temples and concentrated on the words in front of my eyes.

          "oh, it makes perfect sense. i don't like you y/n." reggie said. i could sense the smile on his lips.

          "i guess we finally have something in common," i put my book down and turned to face him, "we both don't like me."

          his face fell and he furrowed his eyebrows, "are you joking?"

          "of course, i love myself."

          "i don't like you." he said once again.

          "i figured!"

          he face palmed and shook his head, "you are too clueless y/n-"

          suddenly, the door opened and the teacher finally walked in. reggie gave up explaining and got up from his seat, then moved to the back of the room.

          there was no interaction for the rest of detention, even after we left he didn't speak.

___

a/n

can't be fucked editing this one sorry guys lmfao

sincerely yours