xliii. zach dempsey

zach dempsey, for akidneyinfection 

just quickly, um, idk what it's like to be allergic to a food and accidentally eaten it because i'm not allergic to anything, well i am allergic to a medicine but okay i'm gonna shut up now

    "i stood at the table of food and stared at my best friends, the food." i said out loud.

"i didn't know which friend i liked more so," i giggled and took at least two of everything, "Why choose one when i can have all of them?"

"you need help there?" zach asked, suddenly at my side.

"sure."

i watched as he took some of the sweets, dipped them in chocolate then put them on a plate, then picked one of the sweets up and gestured for me to open my mouth, i grinned and opened my mouth for him to put the food in my mouth.

i bit into the food and smiled at zach who put took some food for himself.

but after a few seconds of chewing i started to choke on my food, zach noticed this and laughed.

"don't choke brooke," he laughed even harder.

i couldn't breathe.

zach's smile dropped and he rushed to me.

"um, what's going on?" he asked, holding me "oh wait that's stupid, you can't speak." zach looked around and gestured for people to come and help.

"what the hell is going on?" justin asked who was helping me up.

"i don't know! i just fed her a chocolate covered strawberry and-"

i opened my eyes with shock, justin glared at zach.

"brooke is fucking allergic to strawberries!" jessica screamed at zach, a sad look fell upon zach's face.

"i'm-"

"okay, okay, just get her to the hospital," justin got jessica to announce that the party was over.

____

    i struggled to open my eyes, i was in a white room.

everything was blurry but i could see a human figure beside the bed.

jessica.

"oh my god, brooke, i thought you were gonna die!" jessica rushed to my bed.

"i won't die," i chuckled a little bit.

"but it's possible, you ate a strawberry! zach could have killed you!"

"he didn't know."

"i know but-"

the door opened and justin came in with a bunch of flowers.

"aww, those for me?" i asked justin.

justin looked at me and frowned, "no... these are for my girlfriend," he walked up to jess and handed her the flowers.

jess shook her head and gave me the flowers but justin took them back.

"zach's got flowers for you," justin told me, zach suddenly appeared at the door with flowers and a card.

"brooke!"

"zach."

"can we please have a moment alone, please?" zach asked jess and justin, they nodded and left, zach sat down in the chair that jess was just sitting in. "i'm so sorry, brooke."

"it's fine-wait no it's not but hey, i'm not dead!"

"yeah but you could have." he sighed.

"zach, come here, lie down with me," i made room in the bed.

"but there's no space-"

"then i guess we're gonna have to be really close," i giggled, zach shook his head but smiled and carefully lay down in the bed, holding me so i didn't fall.

"i'm sorry, again." he said.

"zach, stop being sorry."

"okay, i'm sorry-"

"zach!"

he grinned at me and i laughed.

"okay, there is one more thing that i'm sorry for," zach said with a more serious look.

"okay go ahead-" before i could finish, zach's lips crashed with my and i relaxed in his arms as i kissed him back.

"i'm sorry that i hadn't done that until now," he told me as soon as he pulled away "and i'm sorry that it took me so long to say that i love you so much, brooke."

"what?"

"you know what i said," he sighed.

"yeah, i'm just confused as to why you love me."

"because, you're different than most girls, you're not fake like the others an you're the only person that i can be, you know, around and be myself." zach's verse was shaky.

i smiled at this and planted a short kiss on his lips.

"is it weird that i love you too, zachary?"

"why is that?"

"because... you're zach dempsey, duh, date me already!"

"haha, okay, would you like-"

i pushed my lips up against his again.

i guess my answer was yes, i mean, who would say no to zach dempsey?

____

a/n

i am so confused right now... idk, why do people complain about the smallest things, then they make that tiny thing bigger than it has to be? idk, i guess that's what i'm ranting about next in my rant book

sincerely yours, liz