viii. reggie mantle

Lose Yourself - Eminem

reggie mantle

    "y/n!" you turned around to be faced to face with your best friend, reggie mantle.

"why hello there," i smiled which he kindly returned with his own heart-warming smile.

"are you going to be my geography partner?" he asked.

"of course, who else would i partner with?" i smirked, his face flooded with relief.

"i'm not usually the guy that gets uncomfortable when a girl likes me, but hannah makes me very uncomfortable," he shivered as if the idea of her was so bad.

"i noticed," i laughed. "come on, let's get to class then."

____

    we sat together in geography class. reggie was obviously my partner, but hannah kept complaining to the teacher that she worked better with reggie.

reggie and i were having a normal conversation when the teacher told us to swap partners.

"i never agreed to this," reggie objected, i chuckled and told the teacher i was fine with moving. "i can't believe you're doing this," he muttered to me, i waved goodbye to him as left my table to sit with hannah, and her partner sat next to me.

____

    "does anyone want to remind everyone what the four layers of the earth are?" the teacher asked the class, reggie's hand shot up and she pointed to him.

"in the middle of the earth, that's called the inner core, then there's y/n which is the outer core," reggie turned around in his chair and grinned at me, my cheeks suddenly felt warm, "which is protected by the next layer of the earth which is me, the mantle," the class laughed at this, "then there is the crust, but the only important layers are the mantle and the outer core because of me and y/n."

i thought he had finished but he continued.

"you know, i really like the outer-core, it's very beautiful," i sighed, trying not to laugh because of how stupid he sounded, "i don't know, she should probably go out with the mantle." he continued to stare at me, i didn't know what to say but i just smiled.

reggie had been my best friend for years, and over those years i'd developed feelings for him, but i was too afraid to tell him myself, he just made my job one hundred times easier.

before i could say anything, hannah spoke.

"i think you've gotten me mixed up with y/n, i'm the outer-core."

i rolled my eyes and the class groaned at this, reggie turned to her and i'm pretty sure he was glaring.

____

a/n

i swear guys, i wrote this before i even knew 13 reasons why existed so ufewbydnjc don't attack me for hannah

guys i'm not sure if i am able to cope not watching a new episode of riverdale until whenever it's back, and also  the vampire diaries has killed me, and also it was teen wolf's last day of filming 2 or 3 days ago and also i reached 2k reads and also I have an assignment due tomorrow that i haven't started and i originally thought of starting it in class tomorrow and finishing it because i put no effort into it but i'm already failing so let's not make my report card any worse. okay thank you for reading this, and tysm for 2k reads ilygsfm

sincerely yours, liz