xxxiv. hannah baker

Patty Cake - Kodak Black

  hannah baker, for breharmony  « 

    I sat on my bed gently, the box of tapes rested in my lap.

I was already eight tapes in, my name hadn't been mentioned yet. I didn't want to listen, I didn't want to know what I did to make Hannah do what she did, but I couldn't stop myself from listening. 

I inserted the tape into Tony's Walkman.

"Here we go," I sighed and pressed play.

______

    I finished the tape in tears.

I was confused, I needed to know why I was on the tapes and I didn't want to listen to the other tapes.

I called Tony.

"Tony, I have a question-"

"No questions about the tape, you're just like Clay, just listen to them."

"Just tell me why I'm on these tapes."

"What tape are you up to?"

"Ten, well I just finished ten, am I on eleventh or twelfth or thirteenth-?"

"Bri, just listen because I don't even know why you're on the tapes."

"What?"

"You heard me, you have to find out yourself because I'm not sure anyone else has." 

He hung up and left me.

I flipped over the tape and inserted it into Tony's walkman.

Tape ten.

I listened carefully, my name was never mentioned.

I was about to give up when I heard Hannah say something that no one else knew except for her, Clay and I.

"I remember one time I ganged up with a friend to prank everyone, yep that was me, and my friend, it was the greatest time I've ever had in my life, sorry if I made other people's lives horrible, but it was incredible watching everyone's reactions without being a victim of these pranks."

A smile made its way to my mouth.

"Oh and one time I snuck out the house with my two most favourite people in the world, we hid inside bushes and slept there because I guess we thought it would be fun, I don't know it was pretty funny. Anyway what I'm trying to say is I appreciate anyone who was able to share these memories with me..."

I shared those memories with her, along with Clay. Did that mean Clay was on these tapes too? My eyes were getting heavier and I fell back into my bed, the tears had found a way to escape my eyes. 

Hannah remembered everything, I thought she would have forgotten.

Did anyone know that I was on these tapes? DId they know this one was mine? 

______

a/n

yuck yuck uckucukc I absolutely can't wait to finish this book

SO I have exams next week and I have a geography assignment due next Wednesday but I'm finishing it today before my best friend comes over yay I love him very much because it was best friend day yesterday but he ditched me and left me at school by myself but he back now and there's no school today yayayyay

sincerely yours, liz