xviii. archie andrews

Unstoppable (FKJ Remix) - Lianna La Haves

archie andrews, for mattespisbae «

I was in Phys. Ed. stretching when I saw him walk in.

Archie Andrews, my worst enemy, was in my P.E class, now I should get ready for the jokes he was going to throw at me.

"Hey look it's Little Espinosa," Archie smirked.

"As if a height joke could hurt me," I scoffed.

"Whatever-"

Our teacher blew the whistle indicating that we were to run four laps of the gym, great.

If there were a book on the world's most unfit people in the world, I'd be featured, wait, the book would be all about me.

The class started running around the gym, I wasn't at the back of the class which was good, but all the fast people were there so they could make fun of the slower ones.

I heard girls whispering behind me and giggling, I turned around and realized that they were laughing at me.

I rolled my eyes and kept running but I couldn't see the person in front of me so I tripped and fell down, making the girls behind me trip and fall as well.

They screamed as they fell and I laughed.

"I'm lucky that you're so fat that my fall didn't hurt at all, I just bounced right off you," the blonde one said and was wiping her shoulders.

"Sorry, my stomach isn't as flat as your chest," I snapped at her. I don't see why she decided to throw fat jokes at me, I was average for my age.

"Hey, Regina," Archie had stopped running.

"My name's not Regina, it's Cadence-"

"I really don't give a shit Regina, you don't get to bully Sarah, that's my job," Archie sounded so mad, his face was redder than his hair.

He looked quite attractive when he was mad.

"But she's-"

Fuck, he's always attractive.

"I heard you calling her fat when she's not fat, she has a perfect body and she treats it well, unlike you, I see you at lunch, you don't eat that's wrong-"

Regina got up and walked away.

Archie stood still for a second and walked up to me to hold his hand down for me to grab.

"Thanks, but I'm pretty comfortable down here," I rejected him and stayed on the ground.

"Archie and Sarah, finish your four laps before I double it!" Our teacher shouted at us, I bolted up from the ground and sprinted.

My sprinting wasn't very fast so Archie caught up easily.

"You're very slow," he said quietly.

"Slow and steady wins the race," I struggled to breathe, I had wasted all of my energy.

"Your breathing isn't good, try breathing in through your nose and out from your mouth."

I rolled my eyes but tried it anyway, my breathing was now steady.

"You keep going faster and slowing down, try staying at the same pace throughout the whole run so you're used-"

"Whatever Trevor, peace!" I said to him before running faster to get away from him. Unfortunately, I slowed down quickly and Archie was suddenly with me.

"What?" I said, clearly annoyed.

"Try to keep at the same pace as me," he said and slowed down a bit so I could keep up.

I closed my eyes and opened them again, Archie and I ran side by side for the rest of the three laps.

I was so concentrated on finishing the laps that it took me a long time to notice that Archie was staring at me.

"What?"

"It's just, you look hot when you try," he said before sprinting ahead, I sped up and finished the lap.

I fell to the floor and felt my heart as I slowed down my breathing, I couldn't speak, but I was proud of myself for completing.

"Having trouble there, Sarah-" Regina was back.

Archie made his way to me and stood in front of her.

She backed away and left quickly.

"You're not Superman or some other superhero, I don't need you to save me," I puffed out.

"Yeah but it feels good to be nice to people sometimes," he said as he sat down beside me.

"Seems to me that you're nice to everyone except me."

"Seems to me that you're exactly the same," he said quietly.

I nodded awkwardly.

The teacher suddenly blew their whistle again and pointed to the basketballs then the hoops, indicating that we needed to shoot some goals.

"We should go on a date sometime," Archie said quickly and lifted himself up from the ground, "because you should know that I actually like you so I guess I'll pick you up at whatever time I pick you up tonight." He ran off and left me on the ground shocked.

____

a/n

I want this to happen to me as well what the hell.
I only updated tonight because I finished my homework early and finished my workout early so I had time, this won't happen a lot during the school week but it's the last week of school for this semester and there's a 3 week break so I might be updating a lot during then.

sincerely yours, liz