xxv. jeff atkins

The Kids Aren't Alright - Fall Out Boy

Jeff atkins, for 13reasonstolovejeff « 

    I walked out of the classroom before the other students who stumbled along behind me.

I used to walk through these halls with proud, a wide smile on my face and my friends beside me.

For the past month, I hadn't been myself, I didn't know who I was.

I made my way to my locker and instead of opening it, I just stood there and stared at the lock.

"Hey Tate," a familiar voice spoke from behind me, I turned and smiled.

"Jeff!" I said with fake enthusiasm, I didn't want to talk to anybody, I didn't want to interact with anybody, but Jeff was too nice to blow off.

"Where've you been?" He asked with a kind smile.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, I never really see you anymore," he bobbed his head from side to side in a cute way which almost made me laugh.

"I've been here all along, I don't know where you've been."

"Haha," he chuckled and looked at my locker, "so, did you forget your code?"

"What?"

"You were just standing there staring at your lock," He pointed at my locker.

"Oh, I was just uh-Yeah I forgot my code-"

"All good, I remember it," he pushed me to the side gently and put in the code then opened my locker, he looked at the door and frowned. "What happened to all your pictures?"

I opened my eyes widely.

"And all your decorations, stickers, your cute little shelf and your mirror, your locker is ugly without your reflection," he looked around the tiny space.

"I was just re-decorating, don't worry," I chuckled slightly, pushing him out of the way.

"Good, because your locker looks almost as depressing as you do," he joked, but I could tell by his tone of voice that he wasn't joking.

"You're funny Jeff, I'll see you later, okay?" I closed my locker.

"Promise?"