The Strange Waiter

(Author's Note: Ok, I had no inspiration at all, but I wanted to get a chapter out this weekend, albeit very late. I just kind of started writing and didn't think about it, and whatever this is came out, so despite me not really knowing why or how this came to be, I hope you enjoy. Also, I apologize for not updating on Friday, as I was very busy, so this chapter should hopefully make up for that. Once again though, don't take this too seriously, cause I'm not even sure what really happened either, so sorry for any confusion that appears.)

Sitting in my usual booth, in my usual restaurant, after ordering my usual, before returning to my usual job.

This is how probably three days of the week turn out. I always say I need to break out of my usual bubble, but I just can't. I like it here. And plus, there's less things to worry about when you stick to the same usual thing, day in day out. As my plate of food arrives, I thank the waiter with a strange, blond cowlick as he walks away. I start eating, and nothing seems wrong at all.

Once I'm about halfway through my meal, the waiter rushes back over. Thinking he just wanted to ask if I needed anything, or if he just wanted to ask how the food was, I spoke before he could. "I'm good, and the food is good as always."

Suddenly he grabs my shoulders and holds me directly in front of him. Frozen, I shake slightly as I look into his bright blue eyes. They seem to bore into my own emerald green eyes, and I shudder. "Oh no..." He murmurs.

"Pardon?" I ask, very confused.

"No... It can't be..." He drops his grasp on my shoulders and backs up to the kitchen area, where a lot of the staff are standing. "We only have six minutes before he dies! We need to save him!"

"Wh-what?!" I half squeak, half scream.

The staff seem to realize how grave this situation somehow is and begin to panic. I have no idea what's happening, and the rest of the customers don't seem to either. One of the waitresses ushers them outside, and I can see she's making sure they don't go anywhere or panic, though she seems to be failing at the panic part.

Staff rush around me, and suddenly it all turns into a blur. The last thing I remember hearing is, "One minute!! Hurry!!"

(Timeskip)

Blinking my eyes open, I look around. My whole body is sore, but it's debatable from what, since I'm still laying in the booth. Although they're comfortable, I wouldn't want to sleep in one. I manage to sit up, as a group of staff rush over, the waiter from before, who's name tag that read 'Alfred', came over first. Before I could say anything, they gave me a refund for the meal and a bonus for... Something, before shoving me out of the restaurant. Nothing was ever explained to me, and I missed the most of the workday. At least I remember my boss saying I could have the rest of the day off... Thank god...

Well, to this day, I have no idea what happened, but I know that I stopped going to that restaurant. Maybe it was so I could expand a little. But... Something strange occurred to me. The waiter, that was named Alfred followed me to the new restaurant I went to... Maybe it's just a coincidence, but... It seemed oddly... Planned? Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. Yeah, that's it.

..........Right?........

(Ok, quick edit here, I really, really, really dislike this chapter and I just kinda ended up writing without a goal, resulting in this, which honestly makes no sense. I'm tempted to take it out of the book, but I won't. Instead, I'm just going to apologize for how bad the plot is and to make up for it, I will write another chapter which I will make sure is better. This will either come sometime randomly this week, or when I update on Friday. Thanks to the people who are so understanding that this is not my best work, but respect the issues I was having!)