The Blind Date

"Ugh just stop, you wanker!" Arthur screamed at his roommate, Alfred, before slamming the door to his room shut. He heard Alfred slam his door too. This was normal. They always fought. It wasn't them if they didn't fight. Not that there was a them in the first place though.

He sulked over to his computer, sat at his desk, and logged in. He knew immediately where he was going. The anonymous dating site that everyone's been obsessing over lately. For a good reason though. At first he thought it was stupid, but then he met this guy. This guy that was different than anyone he ever met. Well, he didn't even know what he looked like. Maybe it's anonymous so you don't judge people by looks and can fall in love without any outside variables. Well, back to this guy. He was so nice and sweet and amazing. Probably the best person he ever met. And they set up a blind date for tomorrow a few days back. He was so excited.

(Timeskip until the date)

This was it. He walked up to the restaurant doors, opened them, and went to the booth in the back they reserved. His heart pounded and his palms were sweaty with nerves. After a month of talking, he's never been so excited to meet someone. That's when he saw it. His roommate. Alfred. Sitting in the reserved booth.

After the initial shock set in, anger replaced it, "Wh-what're you doing here you git?! I reserved this spot, what're you doing here?!" He yelled.

"You reserved it?! I did! Now leave!" Alfred retorted back.

"Sir, sir, please, both of you calm down," a restaurant employee tried to coax, as they were causing a huge disturbance in the restaurant. "I have this seat reserved under two people. Arthur and Alfred.

The two gasped loudly, looking back and forth between each other and the employee.

"Excuse me, because I have some customers to help, but please stop the commotion. If you need help figuring this out, I'll be around," the employee said before walking off.

Arthur, after mumbling a few things to himself, awkwardly said, "So... Uh, do you wanna maybe... start this over? You know, and ignore the fact that-"

"-we're roommates," Alfred finished for him. So Arthur went back out and in again, and sat down, pretending to not notice that he actually knew and hated the man he thought was the best person ever. Once he was able to push that fact away and hide it, he seemed to actually enjoy the conversation. Things just continued and they seemed to click immediately. They walked home together, talking the whole way home, arms brushing up against each other occasionally. Maybe Arthur wouldn't hate his roommate anymore. Ok, come on, of course he wouldn't. Not after all that happened and all that was to come.