April Fools (USUK Week Day 7)

(Author's Note: Unfortunately, this is the last oneshot in the USUK Week. It's been a lot of fun writing everyday for you guys, so I'm glad I got to do this! Anyways, here's the final chapter, and despite the title, I promise it's not a joke {but parts of the chapter will be}.)

Alfred snuck around the house gathering the few items that he needed to complete his April Fools Day prank on his boyfriend, Arthur. The digital clock on the stove read '2:00 AM' and he could hear some soft breathing sounds coming from the bedroom, where he triple checked to make sure his boyfriend was sleeping.

He put a small airhorn that he'd been hiding behind the bedroom door, so that when Arthur opened it, it would sound. He then put a few layers of plastic wrap across the end of their hallway, leading to the kitchen. If Arthur were tired enough, he'd run straight into it. Afterwards, he meticulously took some doughnuts and removed the filling. He then took some mayonnaise and replaced it.

Luckily to him, Arthur always forgot about dates, and would think nothing of the doughnuts being a prank right after he was just barreled with the other two. But it wasn't over yet. Alfred then placed a piece of tape underneath part of the faucet, and then it was settled. The four pranks would be great. So he snuck back into bed, careful not to set off any of the traps, and maneuvered around the ones that needed to be. He crawled into the bed like nothing happened, and all that he had to do was wait.

Alfred then woke up to Arthur stretching slightly. He pretended to not get up, until Arthur did. He got up and pretended to stretch as well.

"Good morning," he told his partner.

"Good morning, Alfred?" Arthur asked, suddenly suspicious. Alfred never said something like that like he was expecting something. 'Must be my imagination,' Arthur thought.

So he then went and swung open the door, suddenly sounding off the airhorn. He must've jumped at least a foot into the air, as he shrieked loudly, causing Alfred to burst into laughter.

"A-Alfred!!" He yelled at the other.

"What? It was a prank!"

Arthur just shook his head at him, before walking out. He didn't notice the clear plastic wrap in the doorway, and so when he turned around to say something angrily to Alfred, he ran straight into the blockade of plastic wrap.

"Happy April Fools!" Alfred told him.

Arthur muttered angrily to himself as he tore the plastic down from the wall. Alfred just chuckled to himself.

He rushed past his upset partner, rushing into the pantry they had in their kitchen. He grabbed the doughnuts he exchanged the filling in and set them on the counter.

"Here, Artie, this is a sorry for the April Fools pranks," he told him.

Arthur looked at the box skeptically. "You eat one first," he said.

"Okay!" Alfred said, picking up one strategically placed right in the corner. He took a bite out of it and showed Arthur, "See? Nothing to be worried about.,

Arthur still didn't like the idea, but took one anyways. He took a small bite, but enough to get a load of mayonnaise in the bite. He quickly made a face and turned to the sink to spit it out. He hated mayo more than many other things, so he refused to eat it. He tried to get a drink of water from the sink, only for it to spray him in the face.

"Alfred!!!" He screamed, his face turning bright red.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry dude. That was the last one, I swear!" Alfred defended.

Arthur glared at him. For the whole rest of the day, Arthur didn't trust anything Alfred said, did, or told him to do, but to Alfred, it was all worth it in the end.