(Suggested Oneshot/Part Two of You Belong With Me)

(Author's Note: I first want to start off with a massive apology to Panicattheverywhere who has waited a year for this request. Like I mentioned in my update I never thought I'd be so long, but no words can make up how sorry I am. Regardless, it's here. As I always do with part twos, I recommend you reread the first chapter of this which is a songfic titled You Belong With Me. I hope you enjoy!)

He did it.

Arthur broke up with Frances.

What I had been wanting for almost six months finally happened. Arthur, my best friend in the whole world, and the source of all my crushing for the last half year, finally broke up with the witch that is Frances.

Arthur and I has been best friends since middle school and now that we were beginning our first semester at our state university, he finally got fed up with his girlfriend, Frances. The two had nothing in common and honestly hated each other, but stuck with each other through all of high school and became the widely known power couple. 

-

Looking up towards Arthur who was sitting across her dorm room copying down notes from his huge chemistry textbook. He was planning on becoming a biomedical engineer, so the majority of his classes were science based. Not my strong suit. I was getting a degree in business and management, much more my style. I loved bossing people around, so it was a logical choice for me.

I finished the last few words on my American History paper, a class required prior to graduation, before looking up at Arthur.

"Hey, Art?"

"Yeah?" he asked while glancing up from his textbook.

"Look, I know this is a terrible time, and I'm going to regret even saying this, but if I don't say this now, I never will. But you have to promise me you'll still be my friend and not make this awkward, okay?"

"Okay?" Arthur questioned, a look of confusion dawning on his face. "What am I agreeing to?" he chuckled.

"No, you have to promise," I insist.

"Okay, okay. I promise. Now what's making you so weird," he said, confusion turning to hint of concern.

I took a deep breath and closed me eyes. "Please, please, please don't make this weird." I opened my eyes. "For about six months now I've had a crush on you and I know I'm your friend so I'm not supposed to say this. I've just been so worked up since you broke up with Frances and even though I know nothing will happen I had to get it off my chest. And let me clarify! It's not like I want something to happen, you're my friend and I never would want to ruin that but-"

"Amelia stop."

My eyes widened. Oh shoot I ruined it. I ruined everything. "No no no no no wait I take that back, please don't think anything of it, just forget I said it-"

"Amelia listen to me. One of the reasons I broke up with Frances was because I felt feelings for someone else and I didn't feel comfortable being with her and feeling that way," he said, looking right into my eyes.

"I don't understand," I trailed off.

"I'm talking about you, ya' idiot," he laughed.

My eyes widened again, but for a different reason. Disbelief.

"Wait, so I didn't just ruin our whole friendship, right?"

Arthur smiled widely and laughed quietly. "Of course not. Nothing could ruin that. Now come give me a hug."

I laughed freely for the first time since the morning before where I had decided to tell him. I nearly threw my laptop on the floor and rushed over to him on the opposing armchair.

Flying into his arms, everything felt just right. Everything was finally falling into place. The two of us laugh together and everything seems perfect. Like it was meant to be all along.

Maybe my leap of faith wasn't even needed. Maybe it was really meant to be all along. Either way, I don't care. I have all I need now that I have him.