Sick Together

(Author's Note: This is just a short chapter I thought would be cute to write. I had some issues with wording of things in this, but I hope that's not too obvious when you're actually reading it. Regardless, I hope you all enjoy!)

Arthur sniffled heavily and he grabbed yet another tissue. He had only been sick for a day, but he was getting tired of it already. He laid back down on the couch as his husband, Alfred came out of another room.

"Is that medicine working at all?" He asked the sick man.

"No, not really," Arthur muttered as he rolled over on the couch. Luckily it was Saturday so he didn't have any responsibilities, but if he didn't get better soon, work would be miserable on Monday. "Ugh, I'm so sick of this stupid cold."

"Sick of it? Get it?" Alfred said chuckling.

Arthur glared at the other man. "Yes I get it," he said angrily.

Alfred raised his hands defensively as he sat down on the other chair they had in their living room. "Sorry, I was trying to make you feel better!"

"Well that definitely didn't help," Arthur insisted.

-----------

As the day went along, Alfred seemed to get annoyed when he wasn't able to do the little gestures he usually did, such as small kisses and hugs.

He went off to the store to get more tissues, as they had run out, and realized that he couldn't do the the standard 'see you soon' kiss he always did when he left the house. He couldn't do the little hugs he did every so often. He would go over to Arthur and be about to, until he remembered, and Arthur nagged about him getting sick too.

By the end of the day, he was exasperated with somehow being so far away from any affection when Arthur was right there.

Later that night, he tucked Arthur into bed, and without realizing, gave him a goodnight kiss.

"Alfred! I've been telling you all day not to do that! If you get sick, it's not my fault!" Arthur exclaimed.

"Oops... I'm sorry," Alfred said, guilt crossing his face. "I just couldn't help it though," he said, a smirk crossing his face.

Arthur sighed angrily. "You're hopeless."

"Aww, come on, don't tell me you didn't enjoy it," Alfred said, a smirk still glued to his lips.

"I certainly did not!" Arthur objected.

"Sure you didn't," Alfred said with a chuckle.

--------------

The next day, Alfred awoke with snot streaming out of his nose. He sniffled harshly, awaking Arthur from next to him.

"I told you so," Arthur said with a smile of satisfaction.

"It was worth it though," Alfred said with a smile.

"Whatever," Arthur huffed. "I'm going back to bed, so keep quiet," he said, rolling over.

Alfred quietly blew his nose as he thought to himself. 'Was it really worth it?'

'Of course.'