True Love (Songfic)

(Author's Note: This is a songfic for the song True Love by P!NK. I thought it suited USUK well, and despite having some troubles converting it to a fanfic, I think it turned out pretty well. I made this to make up for last week's chapter, as I was not happy with the result of it, which I have voiced many times why. I hope you enjoy and hope you find it better than last week's chapter [though that may not be too hard].)

Sometimes I hate every single stupid word you say
Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face

Arthur muttered angrily to himself as he walked away from the one person who made him more upset than anyone else. Why did that bloody git from his chemistry class bother him so much?!

There's no one quite like you
You push all my buttons down

It didn't matter what it was, if Alfred was doing it, he would be upset.

I know life would suck without you

Yet, at the same time, there was something more to Alfred than just being frustrating. Arthur didn't quite understand yet though.

At the same time, I wanna hug you
I wanna wrap my hands around your neck

Then he realized. He's had a crush on Alfred since he first met him in middle school. Maybe that's why he was so upsetting while at the same time, he couldn't get over him.

You're an asshole but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself
Why I'm still here, or where could I go

He always wondered why? Why did Alfred make him so mad if he liked him, but he couldn't get away from him for some reason.

You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you,
So much, I think it must be

Arthur hates him. But he loves him. But...

True love, true love
It must be true love

So that's it. That would explain everything. The fighting, the annoyance despite his feelings for him, everything.

Nothing else can break my heart like
True love, true love,
It must be true love
No one else can break my heart like you

Arthur couldn't count the times that he got jealous, almost heartbroken when he caught Alfred flirting with other people. He didn't get it though, he truly needed to get over him if this was what it would be like if they were to be in a relationship. Not that that would ever happen though.

Just once try to wrap your little brain around my feelings
Just once please try not to be so mean
Repeat after me now R-O-M-A-N-C-E-E-E
Come on I'll say it slowly (Romance)
You can do it baby

At the same time, I wanna hug you
I wanna wrap my hands around your neck
You're an asshole but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself
Why I'm still here, or where could I go
You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you,
So much, I think it must be

He wanted Alfred so badly, but he knew it would never work out. Alfred was just too damn aggravating, and he couldn't deal with him for even just chemistry class.

True love, true love
It must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like
True love, true love,
It must be true love
And no one else can break my heart like you

(I love you, I think it must be love, I love you)

And even if they were to be in a relationship, it wouldn't happen in the first place. Alfred was the quarterback on the football team, everyone loved him, and he had people lining up to date him. Arthur was just a lousy student counsel president, that was it.

Why do you rub me up the wrong way?
Why do you say the things that you say?
Sometimes I wonder how we ever came to be
But without you I'm incomplete

Arthur didn't know why Alfred had such an effect on him, but he knew he wasn't going to get away from it anytime soon. Well, maybe he did know. He had heard the phrase 'to hate someone, you have to love them as much as you hate them,' but he didn't really think much of it. He honestly thought it was stupid before this point. Why would you love someone you hated? But maybe this was why Alfred was such a nuisance to him.

I think it must be
True love, true love
It must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like
True love, true love,
It must be true love
And no one else can break my heart like you (like you)
No one else can break my heart like you (like you)

Arthur was uncertain of the future, but he could tell one thing. It might have something to do with Alfred. Oh, whatever, of course it would some way or another.