The Cold (Requested Oneshot)

(Author's Note: I sincerely apologize that I was not able to update this yesterday like I usually do, as I was very busy. Anyways, this was requested by Fiery_kitsune-792, which I'm very appreciative for. Hope you enjoy!)

Arthur shifted around in his position on the chair in he and his boyfriend's living room. He sat down the book he was reading and picked up his steaming earl gray tea. He inhaled sharply, trying to stop snot from running down his face. He suddenly sneezed, almost spilling his tea.

"Bloody hell," he muttered, before sneezing again.

His boyfriend who was laying on the couch, rolled over and coughed.

"Artie, can you get me a blanket? I'm cold and sick so I don't want to move," he said.

"Alfred, I'm sick too you know. Get it yourself if you want it that bad."

"But, Artieeeee" he whined.

Arthur muttered angrily to himself. Didn't that stupid American understand he was just as sick?!

Suddenly, two of America's friends, Gilbert and Mathias, slammed open the front door.

Arthur sighed. 'Great, it's going to be an even longer day now,' he thought.

After they explained how they were here to make Alfred better, Arthur just felt more annoyed.

"You do know I'm sick too, right?" He asked the guests.

"You are? Well clearly not sick enough to need the awesome me to help you get better!" Gilbert exclaimed, bursting into laughter.

Arthur just shook his head in annoyance. His head already hurt horrendously, and this was not helping.

After a short while, Alfred looked over to Arthur. "I'm thirsty," he said matter-of-factly.

"Well go get something to drink."

"But I'm sick, Artie!"

"So am I! And if you want someone to get something, then have the people who you thought were necessary to be here get it for you!" Arthur yelled, getting very upset.

"Arthur, you do realize you're clearly not as sick as Alfred," Mathias told him. "I think you should be helping him."

"I agree! And then get us some stuff while you're at it!" Gilbert added with another obnoxious laugh.

Arthur was furious. Why should he be the one to tough it out and get everything for them?! It made no sense!

"Whatever. I'll be sympathetic for a while. What do you want your majesties," Arthur said sarcastically, bowing mockingly.

"That blanket I wanted earlier, and the water," Alfred said.

Arthur sighed as he went to go fill three glasses with water. He reached up to grab the glasses, swaying slightly. His head pounded intensely, and he felt a little dizzy. However, he continued to complete his task, and brought the full glasses over to the three who were sitting or laying in different places.

"Chop chop, don't forget the blanket," Alfred ordered.

Arthur took a deep breath. "Can I sit down for a second? I-I'm a bit out of breath for some reason," he mumbled.

"Nah'. You're fine, dude," Alfred reassured.

Arthur didn't feel fine, but he was committed to doing this now. He walked over to the closet where they kept an extra blanket on the top shelf, and struggled to get it down. His chest seemed to be tightening, but he continued to get the blanket. He got it, bringing it to Alfred. The other didn't even thank him for any effort, and continued to ask tasks for him. He even helps Alfred into bed and escorts his friends out. After a while though, Alfred seemed to notice Arthur stumbling and faltering in his steps. He also seemed to be breathing heavily.

"Hey, Artie. Take it easy and come lay with me for a second," Alfred told him, patting the spot on the bed next to him.

Arthur trudged over and plopped down on the bed.

"So," Alfred paused, thinking of something to say. "How was your book earlier?"

All that came in response was a strange mumbling noise.

"What?" Alfred said, looking over at the other man. "Speak up."

Arthur mumbled more incoherently, staring off at the wall.

Then Alfred realized.

He had completely forgotten to make sure Arthur was drinking, eating, taking medicine, and resting. And anything he forgot to do, he made worse with overworking him.

"Crap," was all Alfred could say.

'Oh, how the tables have turned,' would've been the first words out of the Englishman, that is, if he wasn't a jumbling mess. But regardless, for the rest of the day, Alfred made sure Arthur was cared for, though for most of the time, Arthur just slept.