Easter Egg Hunting (USUK Week Day 3)

(Author's Note: Sorry this is a bit short, but once again, I was a little short on time for writing. Anyways, this is the third oneshot of the week, which unfortunately means we're almost halfway through the USUK Week.)

Arthur finished getting his child ready for the day, before he guided him down the stairs.

"Let's see if the Easter Bunny came," he told five year old child he and his husband had adopted when he was just a baby.

The young boy, named Lucas, rushed down the stairs quickly, clearly very excited.

Once he got downstairs, Arthur saw his husband, Alfred, talking to his son with a wide smile across his face. Easter was Lucas's favorite holiday, so naturally Arthur and Alfred enjoyed it greatly too.

Lucas then proceeded to search around for a hidden Easter basket, filled with sweets and other small goodies. After a short while, he found it in a cabinet in the office desk, and was elated.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe you found that so quickly, little dude! I never would have been able to find that, never in a million years! You're so good at finding things!" Alfred applauded Lucas. "Hey, since you're so good at searching, I think I saw an Easter egg outside, but I can't seem to find it again. Could you help me? I'm going to need your expert skills to help me!" Alfred commended the younger, ruffling his light brown hair.

"Okay, daddy! I'll help you!"

The two then ran outside together, leaving Arthur to follow them at a normal pace.

Lucas rushed around the yard, gathering eggs and putting them in the basket he was holding, Alfred following right behind.

Arthur watched from the edge of their porch, enjoying the soft morning air, watching the pair with a small smile playing on his lips. He sighed happily.

'I'm the luckiest guy in the world,' Arthur thought as he watched the two people he loved more than anyone else in the whole world.

"Dad, look!" Lucas cried happily as he rushed over to Arthur, a full basket in hand. "Look how many eggs I found!"

'Definitely the luckiest,' he thought before he responded to his child, the smile still plastered to his face.