The Unwanted Guest (Requested Oneshot)

(Author's Note: Hey everyone! I wanted to first off apologize to anyone interested in the genre of yandere characters, especially the one who requested this Lollywise I am super thankful for the request, however yandere is one character trope that no matter how much I practice I can't seem to get the hang of it. It's such an unnatural personality for me to write (although I know some really good yandere writers, who I sincerely applaud), and I'm not really sure how to get the character more fluid. I'd also like to apologize to Lollywise if the story isn't what you were thinking of. I couldn't think of many ideas to write about since you didn't exactly specify a storyline (which is totally fine), so I'm sorry if it's not to your liking. I'd also like to sincerely apologize for how long it took to write this. Thanks for sticking with me! I hope you enjoy! P.S. This is in Alfred's POV.)

The elevator seemed eerily quiet today. I wrung my hands together as the elevator slowly rose to the fourth floor. I checked my phone.

7:32 PM
3 Missed Messages from (XXX)-1111-123
'I got a new number just so I could message you my love' (3:49 PM)
'Don't even try to ignore me Alfred. I know you read that. You're nothing without me so stop avoiding me' (4:15 PM)
'I'm sorry for being so harsh, you're the only one for me. You're mine and mine only my love' (4:53 PM)

I clicked my phone off and slid it into my pocket with a sigh. I tried to calm my breathing, which had sped up considerably when I was reading the messages.

It had been one year since I had met the man who would soon ruin my life. I didn't notice it at the time, but a stranger I met at a coffeehouse soon began showing up more frequently in random situations throughout my life. At first it seemed like nothing, just mere coincidences that he kept reappearing, however I soon began receiving strange messages. First it was messages asking to see me more, then it escalated to what he must have perceived as romantic. The messages were eerie, psychotic, and even sexual at times. After blocking the number, I continued getting the same texts, just from a different number. After ignoring them for some time, the man reappeared in my life. Arthur Kirkland. The name itself brought me fear now. Arthur began stalking me throughout my day: at work, when I was eating out, even finding the apartment I lived in. One day he broke into my room: the last straw. I asked for a restraining order, and after much struggle in court, I was granted freedom from him. Or at least for a few days. He soon continued to show up in my life, and despite my numerous pleas to get him somewhere far away from me, the court had no proof that he was in my life as I said he was. I decided to run. I travelled across the country, from the large urban center of New York City to a small business town in the Midwest, switching my number along with the move.

And that led me to today. After a few weeks of relief from Arthur, he somehow got my new number.

I sighed one last time as the elevator came to a stop, trying to calm myself. Looking cautiously both ways through the hallway, I felt a wave of release.

He's not here.

Feeling renewed, but still uneasy from the recent messages, I skittered to my new apartment room.

When I was about halfway down the hallway, I pulled out my key and glided it into the lock.

Apartment 410.

I quickly slid through the door and hastily closed it behind me.

I closed my eyes.

'Deep breath. You're safe now,' I told myself.

I opened my eyes and terror set it. No. This can't be happening. Not again.

I slid down the door, curling into a ball. Tears began to form in my eyes as I could only stare at the scene before me.

Roses. Hundreds of them. All over the apartment.

The words, 'He found me,' were all that echoed over and over in my head.

I couldn't think of how or why or when he could've gotten here. I couldn't think to get out, or to call the police, or to move from my spot in front of the door.

My phone buzzed.

I sat for what seemed like years before picking up the phone.

'Did you like the surprise my love?' (7:43 PM)

I began rocking back and forth, still on the floor.

'Aww, why are you so upset? I put so much work getting them all here without being caught' (7:44 PM)

I couldn't move.

'You don't have to be so sad my sweet little kitten. I love you more than anything so you don't have to be so upset' (7:46 PM)

'Well, I was going to unveil the big surprise much later tonight, but I guess now will do since you're so upset. I can't stand seeing the love of my life so sad' (7:48 PM)

Arthur then emerged from my bedroom, arms outstretched, beckoning for a hug.

"I wasn't expecting a reunion this sad, but you must have really missed me, my love," Arthur murmured as he creeped closer.

Arthur finally reached me, bending down to embrace my limp body.

"Aw, sweetie. Shhh, you're okay now. There's no need to cry. I'm here with you. Now you'll never have to be sad. I'm here for you, forever and always," Arthur whispered in my ear, running my back with his hand as he enveloped me.

He found me.